At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for a talented software engineer to help us strengthen our world class risk prevention and mitigation systems to successfully combat cybercrime. The Venmo team is responsible for fraud detection, risk management and regulatory compliance services across Venmo, specializing in money movement between users. We facilitate this money movement by designing, implementing, and supporting systems that detect patterns that might indicate fraudulent activity when users use Venmo to send money or make purchases. In this versatile role, you will be responsible for helping shape the future of mission critical risk systems by using a combination of analytical, technical, and communication skills. You will be collaborating closely with engineering, product and operations to design and develop features for our highly complex and heavily distributed risk environment. Our engineers build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a deep understanding of business processes.
- Own implementation of a module/application/product
- Participate complex architectural discussions that involve multiple systems within a large, distributed architecture
- Identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery.
- Drive integration efforts and lead critical work streams of strategic initiatives sponsored by senior executives
- Drive engineering excellency through CI/CD/test automation
- Engineer stable, performant systems by proactively discovering and mitigating production issues
- Drive engineering excellency by creating reusable, production-ready frameworks
- Produce code that is sufficiently supported by unit tests
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to the project
- Participate in demonstration of completed work to stakeholders
- Support adjacent teams by providing technical documentation and answering questions
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Participate fully in all scrum team activities
- Database design, programming, tuning and query optimization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Expert knowledge in Java, Spring framework, REST
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. GIT)
- Experience asynchronous patterns and messaging frameworks (e.g. Kafka)
- Experience in various architecture design patterns, design and implementation of Financial Systems/Platforms.
- Expertise in designing for reliability, availability, scalability and performance in highly regulated Financial Services industry preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create structure and drive progress in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to scope, create and successfully deploy new strategy/ initiatives / capabilities
- Experience to interact with engineering teams from multiple locations and time zones
- Strong applied experience. You've built, broken, and rebuilt software applications. We're looking for creative thinkers who also know how to create real-world products.
- Competent in software engineering tools (e.g. Java build tools) and best practices (e.g. unit testing, test automation, continuous integration, etc.).
- Should have good written and verbal communication skills.
The pay range for this position in Colorado starts as mentioned below
per year, plus annual bonus or commission if a Sales role. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary. All PayPal employees are shareholders in our Company, so equity is part of our total compensation plan. This role is also eligible for health insurance, stock purchase plans, retirement savings benefits, stock awards, life insurance and disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, parental leave, vacation, and PTO. To learn more visit paypalbenefits.com. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location.
Salary in USD:
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.