At Azenta, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Burlington, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
How You'll Add Value...
The Internal Controls and Compliance Manager will lead and perform controls reviews related to internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR). Supervises the revenue/billing team to ensure related controls are executed efficiently and completed timely.
What You'll Do...
What you will Bring...
- For Azenta Sample Management Solutions division, perform review of billing and revenue related controls from planning to execution.
- Assist with troubleshooting, provide guidance to control preparer, validate errors/findings to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Review controls for efficiency and efficacy.
- Identify process improvements, including automating controls for sustainability.
- Periodically, perform precision analysis to determine thresholds to support mitigating the risk of material errors.
- Partner with Corporate Revenue team, Billing, and IT on a regular basis
- Ensure proper design and implementation of financial controls to mitigate risks identified in the Company's risk assessment process.
- Manage control deficiency remediation, including follow ups on corrective actions with management/functional leaders.
- Strong ability to build relationships with management across the organization.
- Liaise with Internal Audit and External Audit teams.
Working Conditions/ Schedule
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business-related field such as Accounting, MIS or Finance and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience.
- One of the following certifications - CIA, CPA, CFE or equivalent is a plus
- Previous internal or external audit experience a plus
- Life sciences industry or manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience working within an Oracle environment preferred.
- Work experience with international business and finance operations preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills, including formulating complicated excel formulas.
- Detail oriented and demonstrate ability to identify and resolve errors/
- Strong understanding of business units' technology environment and requirements to support information delivery and business processes, including data flows.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX requirements.
- Demonstrates advanced written communication skills, e.g., memos, presentations etc.
- Advance verbal communication skills - effective in a variety of presentation settings with all levels of management.
- Work in a typical office environment with hybrid work options
- May be asked and must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally as needed.