Compensation: $20.24-$21.51 Hourly - Dependent on Education
The Integrated Health Specialist is a community-based position providing coordination of resources as well as life-skills building. Duties include:
- Using a motivational, stage-matched approach, provide individualized services based upon strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences identified collaboratively with client/family, focused on supporting client’s movement toward recovery/resiliency goals
- Assist client in identifying strengths, needs, abilities, & preferences in regard to mental illness/substance abuse and participate in development of Wellness Plan
- Provide services from a holistic perspective, incorporating coaching surrounding the Eight Dimensions of Wellness, with attention to each domain of wellness, including physical and mental health
- Support client in completion of goals identified on Wellness Plans, reviewing the WP with client as required and as needed for updating of goals and objectives as items are achieved, or as the client’s goals change
- Provide assistance in accessing public services, including financial, housing, emergency assistance, food, etc.
- Maintain contact with clients who are hospitalized, participating in discharge planning and communicating with all involved providers in developing aftercare plans
- Provide education and skill-building in areas such as daily living skills, employment/education, symptom management, communication/relationships, budgeting, maintaining a residence, etc., with focus on movement toward independent completion of these tasks, or referral to long-term supports
- Assist clients with developing personal support systems, including, but not limited to, work with family members, legal guardians, recovery communities, etc.
- Provide individual assistance to consumers in accessing needed mental health services including accompanying consumers to appointments to address medical or other health needs.
- Follow up with consumers regarding appointments, completion of forms, returning forms or receipts and other similar activities.
- Meet service provision expectations per client needs and company guidelines
- Complete documentation and paperwork within the required timeframe
Integrated Health Team
- Communicate actively with other members of the integrated team, including psychiatrists, primary care physicians, specialists(community support,peer,ITCD,CSTAR,DBT,etc), nurses, dentists, NCMs, etc regarding all areas of client wellness, including client’s adherence to medications, side effects, and efficacy of medications
- Seek and include input from Integrated Health Team providers on client’s Wellness Plan
- Make referrals to additional services/providers as needed for client’s Integrated Health Team
- In addition to clinical providers of the team, function as liaison to others involved in client’s treatment, including, but not limited to family, employers, schools, probation/parole, courts, etc.
- Will seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency consumer and family member
- Assist client with transportation as clinically indicated; Driving is an essential function of the position
- Other duties as assigned
High School/GED required
Associate’s/Bachelor’s/Master's degree in a human service-related field preferred
At least four (4) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if a High School/GED is the highest education obtained
At least two (2) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if an Associate’s degree is the highest education obtained
(*If the degree is an Associate’s of Applied Science in Behavioral Health Support from an approved institution; then no additional experience is required)
At least one (1) year of experience required if a non-human service Bachelor’s degree is the highest education obtained
All experience must include working with individuals with psychiatric, substance use, and/or developmental disabilities
A valid driver's license and agency established minimum automobile coverage required
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.