Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This will include but is not limited to the following:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Performs duties by verbal or written instructions.
- Understands item numbers and OSK information to ensure proper assembly.
- Works with Supervisor in scheduling daily production and directing employees in their daily job requirements to maintain quality and OTS goals following the Standard Work.
- Uses Syteline to monitor and track open demand, output and materials.
- Once implement, uses Powerhouse Warehouse Management System to move material from warehouse to manufacturing when demand needed.
- Monitors each work cell within area of responsibility to review daily plan and any information updates.
- Oversees production area in Supervisor's absence and reports any production issues to Manufacturing Manager as needed for assistance.
- Run Material Planner Workbench Generation for new job orders.
- Trains, cross trains and works to Standard Work procedures where available; contributes to developing standard work where needed.
- Contributes to production tasks on a regular basis to meet daily goals.
- Communicates with maintenance and engineering support as needed for current needs; is proactive with assessing and communicating future requirements for the area.
- Reviews throughout the shift on all production and/or materials issues, provides status information to the Supervisor and acts to keep on schedule.
- Participates and leads change in all operational improvement activities including Kaizen Events and Lean Daily Management Board report outs with department team and other organizational leaders.
- Helps full time and contract workers understand Omega policies and procedures. Brings issues to area supervisor if there are concerns or violations.
- Prioritizes practice of 6S safety and housekeeping policies throughout all areas.
- Ensures proper PPE equipment is available and being used when required.
To perform the basic job requirements the individual should have the following skills:
Education and/or Experience:
- Good communication skills and ability to understand verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to lead, direct work of and train others.
- Must be a good team player and have ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to learn and understand dimensions on drawings.
- Must have a working understanding of computers and be able to demonstrate ability to learn.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to multitask and handle interruptions to support operators.
- Ability to learn new organization business systems when implemented as they pertain and support manufacturing functions.
HS Diploma (or equivalent) required
Math skills relating to dimensions and inventory levels
Minimum 3 years past production experience required
Bi-lingual in Spanish a plusSupervisory Responsibilities:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. However, will be asked to lead production activities, to train others and keep supervisor aware of issues in the department relating to materials, equipment, and personnel.