How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Innovation and Venture Manager will identify emerging technology startups of high partnership potential for Wellstar's corporate innovation partners, Catalyst by Wellstar. The role also includes creating industry trends and research reports in Catalyst by Wellstar's focus areas. They will support the development of the Catalyst Venture portfolio and advise on strategic investments and partnerships. They are responsible for the Discovery Portfolio and the navigation between discovery and mainstream organization. This role is to seed the organization with possibilities for game-changing innovations and new businesses. They are charged with recommending which opportunities are presented to the innovation lab. They will support the business and Catalyst Lab team through primary research of industry trends, writing, and presenting information found. They will work on a fast-paced team that will solve a variety of problems with the adaptability to adjust to timelines. They will work on problem and solution mapping, business case development, establish relationships with third parties, source out innovative solutions, and create Request for Information (RFIs) for Proof of Concepts (POCs). This position is ideal for individuals interested in pursuing a career in innovation consulting, strategy, venture capital, or entrepreneurship. The ideal candidate has a love for emerging technologies (AI, IoT, AR/VR/MR), strategy, and research.
Required Minimum Education:
Required Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
Required Minimum Skills:
- 4-7 years required in experience in business, strategy, marketplace, or venture capital
- Knowledge of the STEM fields through internships or experience, has online credentials in technology, or proven competency of hardware and software technology
- Deep understanding of the start-up world and industry trends
- Understanding of design thinking and innovation cycles
- Knowledge of startup principles (lean canvas, MVP, open innovation, etc.)
- Understanding of corporate business practices, organizational design, etc.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Must understand the new business creation process
- Exhibit eagerness in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with extreme amounts of ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Collaborate to understand business goals across functions and diplomatically challenge the status-quo
- Above-average ability to conduct research, write, and orally communicate with clients
- Ability to create concise and compelling presentations - Comfortable with large amounts of research
- Demonstrate deep insights into a single industry, or multiple industries, of standards, regulations, business models, trends and emerging technology
- Actively respect good work of teams and honor past accomplishments while pushing for necessary change
- Inspire teams to do their best work and pursue excellence in their own lives
- Empower colleagues across Wellstar Health System to do their best work by sharing knowledge and tools
- Dedicate time to listen to experts across the company, understand a variety of perspectives and strive to expand context every day
- Demonstrate courage, accept personal responsibility and inspire others through personal examples.
- Demonstrate an affinity for constantly being curious and exploring alternatives to clients' issues. This includes demonstrating tenacity and creative thinking to solve intractable business problems systemically.
- Ability to balance curiosity with pragmatism. This skill requires the ability to recognize organizational dynamics and industry constraints that influence recommendations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges facing organizations to adopt new technologies. Expertise must extend to further understand approaches and processes that can enable an organization to turn INSIGHTS into rapid ACTIONS that deliver OUTCOMES that exceed expectations
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!