Founded in 1999, MHS is a full-service provider of innovative material handling systems that solve the challenges of distribution and fulfillment operations. We build, engineer and maintain systems for some of the biggest companies in the world, including UPS, FedEx, Walmart, Amazon and others. MHS is already one of the 10 largest material handling system suppliers worldwide, and we only expect to continue growing. We're looking for top talent to be part of the journey.
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
Industrial Engineer Co-Op is an entry level position. Co-Op's are focused on improvements within the manufacturing process. Employees occupying this position will work in the Industrial Engineering office under the supervision of an engineer or dept manager. These employees shall utilize the Computer Aided Design (CAD) software owned by the company. They are responsible for completing assigned tasks within the designated time period.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply statistical methods and Lean principles to develop and improve manufacturing processes, staffing requirements, and production standards.
- Determine manufacturing methods and times for parts & assemblies and build production routers using the company's MRP system.
- Design layouts of equipment, materials and work space in order to maximize productivity.
- Update and develop standard operating procedures.
- Continuously make suggestions to improve processes with regards to quality and productivity
- Communicate and collaborate with product design engineers with regards to manufacturability of parts & assemblies.
- Reduce scrap product and identify opportunities for increasing capacity.
- Analyze data to identify root causes of defects and implement appropriate countermeasures.
- Develop and implement Kaizen projects to optimize equipment operability and productivity.
- Report and document any equipment / process abnormalities.
- Manage and test new equipment.
- Monitor and improve related quality and processing areas and provide problem solving assistance for improvements in quality, performance, productivity and cost.
Industrial/Mechanical Engineering student Some CAD drafting experience in a material handling or in basic machine design. Knowledge of…
Computer Aided Design software and application. Ability to…
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with engineering, purchasing and manufacturing staff; vendors and customers;
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
It is the policy of Material Handling Systems, Inc (MHS) and its affiliated companies to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MHS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.