Job ID: 476681
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The successful candidate will assist with business-critical tasks related to indirect taxes and various areas of compliance, including sales and use tax reporting and audits. The Indirect Tax Junior Analyst will also be involved in process improvement activities geared toward creating a sustainable model for ongoing timely and accurate compliance with limited exposure to risk. This role will be part of a small team and will have frequent interaction with all levels of the organization.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Ensure compliance with the state sales & use tax laws and minimize assessments from sales & use tax audits
- Address any sales & use tax deficiencies with the appropriate locations to ensure future compliance
- Compliance functions include review and possible preparation of state and local Sales and Use Tax returns using Vertex Indirect Tax Return Software and ensuring all returns are completed and filed timely and accurately
- Assist in various specific tax projects as assigned, which may involve research and compliance in sales tax, licenses, and general ledger accounting
- Review and respond to notices from various taxing authorities
- Reconcile various sales & use tax accounts on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Review, validate, and advise exemption certificate management
What CRH Offers You
- Bachelor's Degree required; Business-related concentration preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Sales and Use Tax compliance
- Savvy in Microsoft Excel, highly preferred
- Experience with a business tax engine such as Vertex
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates must possess good verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate cross-functionally and through phone calls and e-mails.
- Analytical: Candidates must have strong statistical/analytical skills including data retrieval and organization.
- Organization: Strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously - prioritize and complete requests in an efficient manner. Attention to detail is a must.
- Cultural: Self-directed; must be assertive and eager to contribute in an extremely fast-paced organization; must live by the Company's Core Values.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Dec 27, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Business Process, Management
This job has expired.