Sigura (Charleston, TN), the world\u0027s largest supplier of swimming pool and spa sanitizers, is now accepting applications for full-time Packaging Associates. Major responsibilities include operating packaging equipment; fulling drums, pails and bottles; documenting production data; operating fork trucks; loading/unloading trucks; processing returned product; housekeeping and other duties as assigned. Must be willing to work 12-hour rotating shift including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Following safety procedures, assist C Operator on production equipment set-up as required
- Maintain packaging quality control standards and follow production schedule to assure timely shipments of product
- Prepare and select proper containers (including lids, scoops, labels, etc.) for filling to meet packaging specifications
- Maintain accurate weighing standards to ensure proper filing specifications
- Stack full containers on pallets as specified and store in designated locations
- Check and maintain all machines, equipment and scales to ensure proper weight and lessen production downtime
- Operate and maintain mateer filling units making required adjustments to product specifications
- Operate spray coders and make necessary adjustments to maintain required packaging specifications
- Following safety practices and ensuring product quality, operate and maintain conveyors
- Catch E.P.O. and dust using safe material handling practices
- Rework damaged and off-spec products, meeting process quality standards
- Help in the changing of dry end screens as required
- Operate small packaging equipment (bottle filler, capper, coder, packer, case sealer, palletizer, stretch wrap machine and turn tables) in order to meet production requirements
- Visually inspect briquette products before sealing containers to ensure quality standards
- Communicate with Size Classification A Operator to ensure briquette quality standards
- Operate and maintain fork trucks following safe material handling practice and perform daily maintenance checks
- Clean plant areas as designated, meeting housekeeping standards
- Keep production records, operating data, and personal time sheet hours accurately and correctly
- Unload inbound supplies and store in designated locations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and keep records associated with the job. Have physical ability to handle heavy material on a routine basis with repetitive movements. Be able to lift approximately 50 lbs. in the event of process or packaging equipment breakdowns and upsets.
This job has expired.