Lead the Plant Level Team (PLT) in the overall coordination and optimization of the human resources and the training/development functions in meeting or exceeding established plant goals. In addition to the traditional HR generalist responsibilities, this role must be an active leader in the development of the PLT, the salaried workforce and the hourly workforce.
1. Ensure that the AWC culture exists and flourishes in assigned location. Should there be issues regarding the cultural imperatives, the HR Manager must be willing and able to intercede and correct the issue.
2. Assist the plant manager in developing the PLT. This includes: teambuilding activities, organizational development, succession planning, development of individual development and performance improvement plans.
3. Maintain a strong HR presence on the plant floor.
4. Proactive coordination of all recruiting activities; salary and hourly.
5. Provide counseling and resource assistance in the areas of policy, benefits, salary administration, training/development, performance issues.
6. Assist the plant manager and the PLT with leadership skills development for both PLT and floor level team.
7. Monitor and coordinate all local/state governmental and regulatory compliance activities.
8. Through active participation in all employment actions at location works to insure that all employment laws are followed and minimize the risk of litigation. Should litigation issues arise, represents the company in all employment related claims including EEOC, DOL, NLRB, OSHA, and WC.
9. Maintain a high degree of transactional quality with accurate and complete employee files and other HR related information for salary and hourly employees. This includes the timely, accurate and complete submission of personnel action forms (PAF), personnel requisitions and any required reports.
10. Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC targets in order to meet or exceed client or customers expectations.
11. Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects. Proactively seek to implement improvement ideas and best practices.
12. Champion training efforts and works with training coordinator to insure that training is up to date and conducted in prescribed methods
13. Responsible for the coordination and completion of the goal setting and performance appraisal policy for salaried and hourly personnel.
14. Participates in local wage and benefits surveys to insure competitiveness and notifies corporate HR of any deficiencies.
15. Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements. In plants where an HR supervisor position is staffed, the HR manager is responsible for developing the HR supervisor in preparation for promotion to an HR manager position.
16. Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, and CITE principles.
17. Ensures company and location policies are followed and provides guidance and counseling as necessary.
18. Establish individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and perform periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
19. Support and represent company as a union-free environment
20. Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
21. Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
22. Represent the company in community relations activities.
23. Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
Will supervise hourly and salaried employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Benefits administration
* Compensation / Performance Management
* Polices / legal compliance
* Salaried & hourly recruiting
* Training and communications
* Human relations
* HRIS / record keeping
* Union Avoidance/Labor Relations
* OSHA & EPA compliance
* Worker's Compensation & other insurance related issues
* Local, state and federal compliance
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted about 5 hours ago
Carteret, New Jersey
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago