Together, we move the world-we've been doing it for over 100 years. At MAHLE, as a leading international development partner and systems supplier to the automotive industry, we pursue the objective of making mobility more efficient, more environmentally friendly, more convenient, and more economical. As part of our dual strategy, we are working both on the intelligent combustion engine for the use of hydrogen and other nonfossil fuels and on technologies for fuel cells and e-mobility.
With more than 72,000 employees, MAHLE generated sales of approximately EUR 9,8 billion in 2020 and is represented in over 30 countries with 160 locations, including 12 major research and development centers. Join our MAHLE team! #StrongerTogether
Your Role & Responsibilities
Your Skills & Strengths
- The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for a broad range of activities to ensure that the needs of the business unit, profit center or facility are aligned appropriately with the overall company goals, and the needs of the employees. The position consults and advises management on a number of human resources issues including employee relations, compensation, performance management and employee and management training. This position acts as a resource and advisor to all levels of employees.
- Demonstrate employee advocacy and develop a reputation as a neutral and approachable human resources professional serving all employee levels.
- Provide guidance and advice to managers and employees regarding company policies, performance management, training and professional development, employee relations, compensation, benefits, recruitment and selection, organization change, and employee engagement.
- Assist employees and managers with various company programs such as performance management (annual objective setting and evaluation), training and development, succession planning, salary review, immigration, global mobility, etc.
- Responsible for, or assisting recruiting center with, the recruitment of management and non-management positions including advertisement placement, interviewing, and conducting background checks.
- Conduct employee investigations and exit interviews, document employee relations issues, recommend solutions, and counsel employees.
- Administer company policies and procedures to ensure consistency. Provide input or help develop human resources policies and programs that promote positive employee relations.
- Assist with the communication and implementation strategy for company policy and/or procedure changes.
- Conduct new hire orientation and onboarding activities.
- Assist employees with benefit program and leave of absence questions (FMLA, short-term and long-term disability, military, etc.).
- Maintain the human resource information system (HRIS) and training database records. Create reports, and perform payroll activities as necessary.
- Manage worker's compensation claims, ensuring that legal obligations are met, employees receive appropriate treatments, and assignments are available to facilitate prompt return to work.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all related TS-16949 and ISO-14001 policies and procedures.
- Ensure key human resources metrics are maintained.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, HR Management, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
- 3 or more years of Human Resources experience is required; preferably in the Automotive industry
- HRIS experience required, SAP experience preferred
- Ability to identify and solve problems, to work within deadlines with a high attention to detail, and to work independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong business acumen and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with all levels of employees, including human resources colleagues and senior level management and/or executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation delivery
- Must have broad, basic understanding of federal, state and local employment laws
- Advanced computer skills, especially in MS Office
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.