At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
The Human Resources Manager will build overall organizational capability for the location. The HR Manager will be expected to drive and implement HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness, build capability and talent of the workforce, and lead strategy and tactics to positively impact overall business performance and HR metrics.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter....
You Are Best Suited For The Role If You....
- Provide assistance, direction and training to supervisors, managers and employees in the areas of resolution of employee concerns/complaints, grievances, employee coaching and discipline, investigations, work performance and development and promotion of a positive employee environment, in accordance with Company philosophy and values, Company polices, plants' collective bargaining agreement and applicable laws and regulations.
- Supervise and develop HR staff by providing strong leadership and support.
- Lead change initiatives with a positive approach. Remain approachable and visible to employees and assist as needed.
- Ensure legal compliance with all state and federal regulations in all areas of human resources (compensation, benefits, Affirmative Action, labor relations, safety, recruitment etc.).
- Oversee the administration of the benefit programs (i.e. health, dental, disability, life savings and retirement plans, etc.), and annual open enrollment process.
- Manages recruitment and hiring process to ensure staffing needs are met for all non-exempt and exempt level positions.
- Act as a resource for managers, supervisors and employees on policies, procedures and practices pertaining to human resources and benefits.
- Coordinate employee functions and activities (i.e. picnics, holiday parties, etc.) with the assistance of the HR staff and employee committees.
- Review and maintain current applicable plant policies, procedures, documents related to Human Resources (i.e. job descriptions, work rules, etc.)
- In the absence of the HR Generalists and staff, assist with performance of various administrative duties related to human resources.
- Assist Plant Manager in regard to Human Resources issues, projects as required.
- Assist in identifying and planning development strategies for internal talent.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
We Support and Care For Our Employees By Providing Them With...
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field, or the equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years HR management experience in labor relations, employee relations, hourly, nonexempt and exempt recruiting, leadership development, and/or compensation/benefit administration.
- Prior experience working with a Union.
- Demonstrates business maturity and integrity, especially when dealing with highly confidential information.
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Professional and customer service oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS and ATS applications, Workday a plus!
- Team player, positive, enthusiastic, approachable, detail oriented, and organized.
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment.
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family.
- Opportunities to contribute to your community.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.