Job ID: 262901
Texas Materials is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier, which is A CRH Company, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Materials is part of CRH's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
HR Construction Internship (Summer / May - August 2021)
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Texas Materials is the company for you! Apply for the HR Construction Internship position today and jumpstart your career with the Texas Materials family!
Job Description Summary
This internship is to provide on-the-job training and education in the field of Human Resources. You will work with various HR team members and leaders throughout our organization. You will provide support on various projects and ongoing key initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with various projects by providing insight and offering relevant knowledge
- Participate in team meetings and engage with leaders across multiple business units
- Complete various HR-related tasks and day-to-day duties to include running reports, tracking training, requisition management, facilitating research by conducting interviews, analyzing information and making recommendations
- Provide comprehensive report out to senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
Education / Experience
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Must be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Must be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- Be able to effectively carry out assigned duties in varying work environments and in different terrain (including various weather conditions)
- Flexible with work locations - must be able to travel/relocate for the work term
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Students must be working towards a construction management, engineering, or Human Resources degree. Must be available to work full time during the summer semesters of 2021 (May through August).
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Texas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Austin Job Segment:
Construction, Engineer, HR, Engineering, Human Resources
This job has expired.