ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that high quality data is produced in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Responsible for the entire analytical process, from sample preparation through data analysis using state-of-the-art analytical equipment such as HPLC.
- Capable of operating sample disintegration equipment such as mort and pestle, sieve, and puck mill.
- The chemist will become familiar with the analytical equipment and software, including but not limited to Mass Hunter™, Chemstation™, Chromeleon™, Target™ and the Horizon™ Laboratory Information Management System.
- Follow appropriate methodologies as prescribed in the laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Analyze evaluate and approve the results of QC samples.
- Document activities and report results in a concise accurate manner.
- Identify and report quality problems to the supervisor or QA department.
- Produce quality error free work.
- Meet production requirements
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Exercise laboratory safety practices.
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
- Must actively participate in the laboratory's Quality System
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work as a team, be a team player and support fellow co-workers.
- Diligent work ethic.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Motivated and fast paced personality.
- Multi-tasking, good decision maker, goal oriented.
- Must be dependable.
- Able to learn new software/computer systems for inventory management.
- Recognize and maintain safe working conditions. Follow PPE policies. Handle hazardous material appropriately and safely.
- Maintain a clean, orderly work environment.
- Ability to work weekends and/or overtime when needed.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- B.S. in chemistry or a related field.
- 2+ years' experience working in a laboratory environment preferred.
- Computer skills, Microsoft programs.
- 2+ years' HPLC experience preferred.
- GC & GC Mass Spec technology preferred.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management and clients.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and instrumentation.
- Average vision and able to see to read reports, perform maintenance and operate instrumentation.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, and lift for 100% of an 8+ hour day.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Able to lift 50+ lbs if needed.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.