Merakey is currently seeking a Housing Specialist to join our Adult Behavioral Health Division in our New Orleans, LA location.
Rate of pay:
- Job Duties: Housing Specialists are an essential part of the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team. The multidisciplinary team provides evidenced based services to members diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness within the (enter region).
- Housing Specialists assist members with locating and/or maintaining housing to prevent homelessness.
- Housing Specialist also assist our member with maintaining resources and benefits that may secure housing. The ACT Team advocates for members within their communities.
- Housing Specialist provide crisis support, reinforcements, and education to all members on the team.
- Housing Specialist are expected to attend housing meetings, lease signings, housing inspections, or any other coordination meetings that requires assistance to the consumer. Maintaining positive relationships with landlords, group home managers, PSH, HUD, and other local housing authorities is important within this role.
$16.10 /hour + $6,750 Annual Travel StipendABOUT MERAKEY
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
The work of Merakey is anchored in the firm belief that it is every individual's right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment in their lives. Surrounding professional staff with the best in technology and supports, Merakey is a leader in the industry and remains committed to helping people...one individual at a time.WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
APPLY TODAYCheck us out online at http://www.merakey.org.Click on Careers under Career Opportunities
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program Qualifications
- Position includes on-call pay and a generous travel stipend
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at Antigone.Chafford@merakey.org.Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!Requirements
Active Driver's License within the state of Louisiana or ability to transfer license to LA. Must have a bachelor's in Sociology, Social Work, Counseling or Psychology. Must be willing to work in a community-based setting and with members diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.