Are you passionate about improving the quality of healthcare?
Are you ready to leverage your talents to make healthcare better for everyone?
Do you want the opportunity to give back to your community?
Then join the growing team at Health Services Advisory Group, Inc. (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!
The Editor is responsible for reviewing and editing a variety of reports, written analyses and studies, and other deliverables produced by HSAG for local, state, and federal agencies.
Essential Competencies, Duties, and Responsibilities
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified candidates may be required to complete a 30-minute editorial exercise.
- Work with key staff members such as executive directors, project managers, and technical writers to ensure that well-written, quality reports and documents are produced in a timely manner.
- Review, edit, standardize, suggest revisions to, and/or rewrite materials prepared by staff members, contract writers, or other personnel to produce a high-quality written product. Responsible for ensuring grammar, punctuation, word use, structure, company style, and overall readability meet quality standards for all documents.
- Work with the Request for Proposal (RFP) Team to edit RFPs for new and renewal contracts when needed.
- Complete editing or any writing assignments according to company standards regarding clarity, precision, and terminology.
- Assist executive directors and project managers in developing templates and formats for other company documents. Recommend and/or select appropriate formats in accordance with HSAG standards as well as contract requirements. (Templates and other written formats are prepared ahead of time and are used as "boilerplate" information in preparation for data that will come later.)
- Prepare rough drafts/text rewrites as required for review with project staff.
- Adhere to timelines for all deliverables. Quick turnaround time is required.
- Project deadlines may necessitate occasional extended work hours.
Compensation: 71,000 - 80,000 DOE
Job Requirements:Education and/or Experience
- Degree in English, technical writing, journalism, communication, or a related field is preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
- At least five years of editing experience; experience working in the healthcare industry or other technical field will be given preference.
- Excellent writing skills: grammar, spelling, composition, proofreading, editing, and formatting.
- Ability to work under and meet tight deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Experience in the healthcare field.
- Highly professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently and take direction.
- Excellent judgment, initiative, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to see inconsistencies and other discrepancies in written material and question them.
- Proficient use of Microsoft (MS) 365 and SharePoint.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Disclaimer
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.