Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position which can be based in Phoenix, Minneapolis, or Atlanta:
Government Health Actuary Senior Analyst
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to add value as part of the Government Human Services Consulting practice, which focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country.
- You will work closely with a team of dedicated consultants, clinicians actuaries, analysts, accountants, and pharmacists across our offices.
We will count on you to:
- Top benefits - generous PTO including vacation, sick, personal and even time off for community service!
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, while working for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture.
- You will have opportunities to participate in Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism initiative, which coordinates company volunteer events to encourage employees to give back to our community.
- We provide opportunities to participate in our mentor program, as well as participate in networking with other colleagues in our Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - Mercer Cares (community involvement), PRIDE, Women@Mercer, Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network!
- You will have the opportunity to grow your career by partnering with a supervisor that has similar clients, projects and/or career objectives
- You will participate in a mentorship program with veteran consultants that have years of experience in the consulting industry
What you need to have:
- Apply actuarial methods and assumptions in health care rate development
- Perform comprehensive analysis of health care data using spreadsheet and database management software
- Assist in the development of client communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Gain an understanding of health care delivery systems, specifically government-sponsored health and welfare programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic consulting environment with colleagues across all organizational levels to meet and exceed client demands and deadlines
- Collaborate with a focused group of colleagues on smaller team based assignments, with opportunities to participate in larger scale client and industry projects
- Participate in a mentorship program with veteran actuaries that have years of experience in the consulting industry
- Achieve professional success by taking advantage of a competitive actuarial study program
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, public policy, public health, or a related analytical major
- A commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation, as demonstrated by having passed at least one SOA or Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) exam
- Proficiency with MS Excel or similar programs
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Access and MS PowerPoint
- Eagerness to drive results and take initiative
To learn more about Mercer GHSC, visit us at https://www.mercer-government.mercer.com
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.