Mercer has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Project Manager and Benefits professional to join our growing Global Benefits Management Coordination team which can be located out of one of the following Mercer locations; Urbandale, Chicago, New York, Boston, Sunrise, Tampa, Miami, Dallas, Houston.
What can you expect?
What's in it for you?
- Supports on medium and large sized clients, or may lead delivery on small clients, to provide accurate and timely data and analysis.
- Manage client risks and issues
- Manage/accountable for all recurring deliverables, ensuring technical accuracy and client readiness, and informing wider client teams on any planned changes.
- Lead client meetings and liaise with local brokerage teams
- Assist global clients with monitoring their employee benefit programs around the world by managing and summarizing renewal progress and terms with a view to ensuring a level of governance and consistency with their objectives
- Develop a strong understanding of global health and welfare benefit products, services, technical tools, and vendor/carrier markets
- Provide renewal directions to local brokerage teams and managing to project timelines
- Outline data and reporting expectations within our proprietary Global Benefits Management tools & platforms
We will count on you to:
- The opportunity to contribute intellectual capital and leadership as part of a global organization developing solutions for today's and tomorrow's toughest challenges
- Collaborate with successful colleagues who truly care about the work and each other while maintaining work life balance
- Work for a global company that embraces cultural diversity
What you need to have:
- Manage and execute project deliverables for clients' implementation, ongoing, and renewals
- Track and report project status to brokers/clients and internal management teams, including the nature of local discussions impacting the insurance placement or plan design strategy
- Understand the client's benefits philosophy
- Process execution and ensuring all standard procedures and controls are being followed.
- Communicate with internal and external partners (consultants, brokers and clients)
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor's degree + 2 years experience, or 3+ years of equivalent education/work experience
- Proficient technical knowledge of benefits and insurance markets and/or administration technology
- Strong verbal and analytical skills, keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Voluntary and active participation in various projects outside of specific responsibilities to support business or organizational needs
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; strong project management skills
- Experience in client facing role
- Regional and level appropriate learning/certification (e.g. UK IEBA, US Global SHRM, CEB, IFEB coursework, Project Management Certification)
- Strong self-starter, fast learner, quality conscious, committed to deadlines
- Strong teamwork skills combined with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluent in other languages and International experience, highly desired, but not required
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
This job has expired.