Global Development Scientist
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Global Development Scientist to join our team within Late Respiratory and Immunology (R&I) Clinical Development. This role can be based in Gothenburg (SE), Warsaw (Poland), Cambridge (UK) or Gaithersburg (US). If your passion is science and you want to be part of a team that makes a bigger impact on patients' lives, then there's no better place to be.
As a Global Development Scientist, you will provide scientific and clinical input to all aspects of late stage product development. This includes but is not limited to the design, delivery and interpretation of pivotal clinical trials and of studies that further characterize the overall benefit and risk and value of products in Respiratory and Immunology Therapeutic Area (TA) in late stage development. You ensure that the safety evaluation process for clinical trials is seamless and complete.
In this role you will seek input from the appropriate functional specialists and coordinate activities in support of clinical studies and programs. Your objectives will be set by the Group Director in agreement with the Global Clinical Head(s). You will work in close collaboration with the study team physician and other partners with all aspects of scientific input, clinical data quality and safety evaluation.
What you'll do
- Provide scientific contribution in the innovative design, execution and interpretation of clinical trials in one or more late stage (Ph2b -Ph3) clinical programs.
- Participate in activities that ensure quality, consistency and integration of clinical study related deliverables and ensure safety evaluation process within the clinical team.
- Provide expert scientific input and collaborate with colleagues in other functions including Patient Safety, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Operations, and early development groups.
- Provide scientific analysis and interpretation of data from ongoing studies and in the literature
- Support and contribute to medical monitoring of trials (safety and efficacy)
- Develop and review protocols, informed consent, investigator's brochure.
- Assist in planning for, and participate in investigator meetings
- Ensure scientific input to TA standards.
Essential for the role
- Science degree (e.g. MS, PhD or PharmD), relevant equivalent clinical qualification, or other relevant university degree with experience from clinical development.
- Three or more years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience (multi-country clinical trials) is required.
- Good understanding of design, execution and interpretation of clinical trials particularly in respiratory and immunology clinical development
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills
Desirable for the role
This role can be based in Gothenburg (SE), Warsaw (Poland), Cambridge (UK) or Gaithersburg (US).Benefits:
- Experience with inhaled products
- Respiratory or immunology experience
AstraZeneca is a leading company in the healthcare industry, with a mission to enrich the lives of others. It's our business to support healthy living, not only for our patients, but also for our employees. Our benefits program is flexible enough to meet employees' varying needs, and offers valuable choices.Why AstraZeneca?
At AstraZeneca, we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.So, what's next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team?Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=enUS based Employees:
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. Accordingly, AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. AstraZeneca will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.