ECS is seeking a Geospatial Analyst to work in our Springfield, VA office.
The Geospatial Analyst will provide for extracting and/or acquiring geospatial information, derivative information, and multi-INT data for analysis and visualization. This includes extracting specific feature data in accordance with the customer data and product specifications and with respect to non-standard product requirements, as well as extraction of 3D Feature Data using NTM; Mapping, Charting and Geodesy (MC&G) Stereo Imagery, Ortho-rectified Imagery, and Controlled Image Base. The Geospatial analyst will assist in developing and implementing a metadata catalog based on customer standards, as well as assist in establishing and managing geospatial analysis research and production, and the strategies and processes to achieve the goal of analyzing the logistics and security associated with mission-specific issues.
- TS/SCI clearance
- An intermediate level of mastery, of geospatial analysis software suites to accomplish the mission. In general, NGA uses ESRI, ArcGIS, and Socet Set.
- Expertise in common office software to include spreadsheets, word processing and e-mail.
- Expertise in extraction from stereo and mono imagery at various resolutions and digital terrain elevation data sets.
- Expertise in attributing and digitizing boundaries from georeferenced and ortho-rectified sources, applying projection, datum, and coordinate transformations, georeferencing and ortho-rectifying source materials (maps, imagery).
- Ability to utilize geographic names information from the GNDB.
- An understanding of several NGA products such as Controlled Image Base (CIB1), Digital Point Positioning Database (DPPDB), Oroto-rectified Mono Equivalent, National Technical Means (NTM) imagery.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive technical reports, which will include preparing textual and graphic reports on the sources, methodologies, obstacles, and conclusions.
- Ability to collaborate with analysts across the Intelligence Community in the production of coordinated finished intelligence products.
- Experience performing Geospatial analysis in the Integrated Analytic Environment consistent with Structured Observation Management initiative.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.