Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Responsible for the efficient inspection, repair and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. A successful General Service Technician will serve as the resident expert in the companies' core services, such as, oil solutions, battery services and tire installations; and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle. The General Service Technician will conduct a wide variety of inspections and repairs, including but not limited to fluid exchanges and maintenance services, tire inspections / installations and bulb, wiper blade and filter replacements. The General Service Technician may be required to provide advice to and sell customers on automotive services and repairs that are recommended or required for their vehicle.
Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prepare and ship complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship).
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store).
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization.
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6 months of relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports, operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports, plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical procedures.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and fractions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Physical Demands
This job has expired.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >100 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.