Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adheres to personal safety at all times. Works in a safe and responsible manner and complies with safety standards. Conducts repairs within constraints of personal skill level and contractual requirements. Understands use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) & is required to wear safety shoes/boots at all times. Work shoes with a removable steel toe cover are acceptable.
- Reviews work orders and coordinates with housekeeping on tasks assigned. Coordinates repairs with Housekeeping Supervisor prior to commencing maintenance activities.
- Perform tasks involved in the routine minor maintenance at the Advanced Training Center (ATC) Lodge to include, unstopping toilets and drains, replacing light bulbs and fluorescent tools, safe maintenance/reset, battery replacement, policing of debris, snow removal.
- Understands ATC's Maintenance Program. Annotates records of planned and completed maintenance as prescribed by the program.
- Sets up, operates and maintains power tools.
- Notifies management when major repairs are required.
- Responsible for compliance with all company and safety policies and procedures.
- Operates a company-owned vehicle (and cellular telephone) to transport self and others in performance of assigned duties; performs operator maintenance as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate manual and electrical tools, i.e. screwdrivers, hammers, non-powered and powered augers, drills, etc.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures in place to perform duties assigned.
- Ability to assist and communicate with others as needed and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to pass criminal, drug, and driving screening.
- Exposure to dirt, dust, loud noise, and outside weather conditions.
- Ability to climb, bend, squat, push, lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds; prolong walking up to 80%.
- May be required to work outside in inclement weather as needed and be exposed to various dirt, debris, odors, snow and rain.
- Ability to work any time or day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- Possess valid driver's license and maintain good driving record.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NACI clearance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.