Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior, and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test, and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain walls, storefronts, and entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings, and more.
Are you a leader? Are you looking to make an impact? If so, we have the Leadership Development Program for you!
The FLITE Leadership Development program targets technical and strategic leaders experienced in the manufacturing space or transitioning from the military and exposes them to a variety of cross-functional teams over 24 months. At the conclusion you will be prepared to lead a facility as a General Manager or Operations Manager. This immersive experience will challenge you to make an impact using your leadership skills from day 1.
Our facility leaders are responsible for all aspects of the facility which include operational excellence, safety culture, people development, equipment, and buildings as well as drive quality and continuous improvement to deliver desired sales and profit targets. The position will require strong communication, delegating and prioritizing skills as well as a consistent drive for performance and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- Responsible for Plant Operations, Safety, Quality, Fleet, Maintenance, Production and Efficiency.
- Leading safe operations is top priority. Ensure facility has a structure in place and employee engagement ensures a culture of safety.
- Drives business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customers' expectations.
- Create, recommend, and manage capital projects.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports strategic initiatives.
- P&L responsibility including forecasting and achievement. Lead, direct, and coordinate business unit activities in partnership with Region Sales Director to achieve and increase sales and obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations to delight customers and maximize profits.
- Drive continuous process improvement and Lean principles and focus on fact-based problem solving to drive process improvement and reduce waste
- Work closely with regional support teams and other locations to ensure coordination and synergies.
- Implement and execute manufacturing initiatives and innovative solutions to ensure growth.
- Have an active role in communicating with sales teams to ensure customer requirements are being met.
- Lead and support initiatives around talent including engagement, retention, hiring, coaching, and developing.
What OBE Offers You
- 7-10 years leadership experience in a manufacturing or adjacent environment.
- Hands-on management experience with budgeting, quality assurance, and troubleshooting equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or equivalent experience.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to materially improve business results and motivate and engage employees.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Energetic, creative, self-directed manager with high level of integrity.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Fort Worth Job Segment:
Facilities, Business Process, Quality Assurance, Design Engineer, Engineer, Operations, Management, Technology, Engineering
This job has expired.