The Technician is responsible for all facets of the preventive maintenance and repair of airplanes to ensure aircraft are airworthy and all technical aspects are documented properly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Perform tasks associated with traveling on the road with the aircraft to destinations where Amerijet may not have ample ground support. This is including checks on aircraft maintenance logs, and responding to discrepancies entered in the logbook while on the roadtrip.
- Performs routine and non-routine maintenance on aircraft
- References all Maintenance Manuals- Illustrated Parts Catalog, Structural Repair Manual, Component Maintenance Manuals, and the wiring diagrams to perform work on aircraft
- Completes required paperwork accurately using procedures set forth in the General Maintenance Manual (GMM)
- Uses only approved and certified hardware, parts, and equipment to be installed or used on aircraft
- Maintains Amerijet facilities and equipment as directed by the Leadership team
- Upholds safety and security awareness of Team members and assets
- Ability to obtain and maintain special qualifications such as Quality Control RII, Airworthiness release, taxi run up, CAT III authorization, and Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM).
- Will assure that work is accomplished in the best workmanship manner and that an airworthy condition exists on all work performed by them.
- Will notify their leader immediately of any condition that may arise that could present a problem of parts, materials, airworthiness or workmanship.
- Will have sufficient hand tools to perform his duties as required.
- Will be responsible to the Director of Maintenance for the accomplishment of all work assigned to him in accordance with policies and procedures established by Amerijet, Manufacturer and the FAA.
- The licensed technician shall be responsible for the work of any unlicensed technician working with him.
- The Director of Quality Control may delegate the licensed technician for the Clearing and Signing-Off of Items that were inspected by him. The technician must assure that in clearing any item within the inspection category, he has not in any way performed or accomplished the subject work.
- Technician may be required to instruct less experienced employees
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Two (2) years of experience working as an aircraft maintenance technician. Preferably Boeing 767/757/777 qualified with certification and training records.
- Ability to drive tugs, trucks, taxi aircraft, lift trucks, snorkel lift, boom lift and tractor and/or other maintenance vehicles
- Familiarity with accessing online aircraft manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both oral and written communication
- Ability to frequently crawl, bend, kneel, climb, stoop and work in confined spaces
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a driving record from the state of your primary residence that meets Amerijet's insurance standards
- Ability to remain alert to moving vehicles, aircraft and situational awareness
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
- Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
- Available for travel
- Pass a ten (10) year background check, pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short notice
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the Amerijet culture, that is, exhibit the Amerijet values
- Promote Amerijet's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting Amerijet's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy, and behavioral standards
- Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents, or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including Amerijet's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report (SAR))
- Adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures, and risk controls
- Upholding Amerijet's safety performance metric goals and understanding how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
- Consistently follows Company policies and procedures (including governmental and safety) and departmental Standard Operating Procedures
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
- Computer and other office equipment
- Obtain tools listed on the Minimum Tool List within thirty (30) days of employment
- Operate lift trucks, snorkel lift, boom lift and tractor after attending training
- Issued reflective safety vest, ear protection and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to use handheld two-way radios, headsets and/or phone
- Exposed to high levels of noise, dust, vibration and chemical fumes.
- Able to lift fifty (50) pounds without mechanical assistance.
- Able to bend, twist, squat and lift frequently
- Able to access and work in all areas of the aircraft to be worked on, including confined areas.
- Able to climb on ladders and platforms and work at heights up to fifty feet from the ground.
- Able to work in extreme climatic conditions.
- Able to fly with any airplanes, and travel outside the US, when required
Able to travel domestically and internationallyACKNOWLEDGMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and skills required of an employee in this position. Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. reserves the right to request that other tasks be performed when warranted (for example, by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, corporate reorganization, or technical development).
Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. also reserves the right to revise this job description.AAP/EEO STATEMENT
Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regards to race, color religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.
Any applicant requiring assistance with our online application process or who needs and accommodation for the application process due to a disability should contact (954) 320-5391 or send an e-mail to ADAapps@amerijet.comLEGAL NOTICES TO ALL APPLICANTS
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Employee Rights Under The Family and Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
DOJ Right to Work
Florida Law Prohibits Discrimination
Dade County Living Wage Ordinance
This job has expired.