We are one of the nation's largest independent bottlers, we are a privately held family-owned business, providing soft drinks, waters and alternative beverages to one of the most expansive and unique markets in the United States. Partnering with over 40 companies, we bottle and distribute over 60 brands through more than 23 production and warehouse facilities throughout the Middle Atlantic States, including New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Washington DC and Virginia.
Maintains the safety and productivity of the vehicles and equipment by managing and coordinating the activities of the fleet personnel. The Fleet Manager is responsible for directing the workflow within the maintenance department.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Manages Fleet Department employees. Participates in hiring, training, scheduling and performance management decisions.
- Reviews work orders, assigns tasks to employees and verifies the quality of work performed.
- Provides support to all locations regarding fleet software and record keeping.
- Manages administration of fleet payroll, absenteeism tracking.
- Maintains records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed and assures proper data entry into the system.
- Schedules work to be performed based on routine preventive maintenance inspections.
- Procures parts necessary to complete repairs within assigned limits. Refers larger purchases or major repairs to Manager.
- Conducts employee observations. Discusses findings with employees.
- Inspects trucks and tools.
- Coordinates Fleet Department meetings with the purpose of improving fleet operations and achieving fleet service reliability goals.
- Maintains a safe and productive work environment. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Leads and develops Fleet Supervisors.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Equivalent of either high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and 5 years related Fleet Department experience OR (2) a BS in related field and 3 years Fleet Department experience.
- Two years supervisory or lead experience.
- Must maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Experience with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Previous experience in a union environment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company. * We do not provide application status due to overwhelming volume. If your skills meet our needs, we will contact you to move forward in the process.***EOE without regard to race, color, religion, creed, affectional or sexual orientation or sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, gender, gender identity, citizenship status, marital status, VEVRAA Federal Contractor.**
***If you have a disability and you need an accommodation to apply, please contact the Sr. Director of Talent and Development at 301-773-5500 ext. 2975***