Kforce has a client seeking a Firmware QA Engineer in Beaverton, OR.With a commitment to innovation, this client employs some of the world's top engineers and designers! It was ranked as one of the 'Happiest Companies to Work For' and awarded an 'Employees' Choice Award 2018 Best Place to Work' by Glassdoor. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. If you would like to make a difference globally and locally, apply now.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the qualification of innovative consumer electronics products that help make athletes better
- Assist in the test and validation of a robust firmware platform by designing efficient, testable, and scalable code to enable amazing athlete product experiences.
- Master's or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field; Or relevant work experience
- Proven experience in a QA role, with an emphasis on testing embedded and mobile experiences
- Engage Product, Program, Engineering, and Design teams to design test strategies, guide unit and integration testing conducted by engineering teams, and compose test plans for automated, manual, and performance tests
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, writing defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting
- Ability to create, document, and automate test plans for embedded systems in C, including unit, subsystem, and system testing
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle including test-driven development with experience working in an agile development environment
- Familiarity with continuous integration processes and test reporting capabilities
- Understanding of embedded firmware architecture and system design
- Knowledge of mobile software QA processes and methodologies for iOS and Android mobile targets
- Proven strong understanding of software design processes, methodologies and approaches
- Excellent creativity, communication, presentation, troubleshooting, time-management and analytical skills are required
The successful candidate will have proven industry experience driving quality into the software/firmware system architecture, from initial prototypes to production codeKforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.