Job ID: 251560
Helena Sand & Gravel, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position that is responsible for operating a self-propelled grade to spread and level dirt, gravel and stone to grade specifications. Various types of construction equipment may also be operated including but not limited to Rollers, Loaders, Back Hoes, Track Hoes, Haul Trucks, Water Trucks, Etc.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently by utilizing equipment within its designed parameters.
- Make normal adjustments for obtaining proper depth, grade and finished cross section of material.
- Guide and direct dump trucks while backing up to machine hopper when operating paver.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Utilize blade GPS functionality.
- Keep machines cleaned and maintained.
- Keep time and material records.
- Travel to and from various locations.
- Assist labor crew including shoveling, raking and compacting of asphalt materials.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
- Effectively communicate to ground personnel, truck drivers, and supervisors.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, site specifications, simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Valid driver's license required. CDL a plus but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- GRIP - with at least 90 lbs. of force
- CLIMBING - in, around, and on equipment
- HEAVY LIFTING - of extremely awkward parts and equipment up to75 lbs. from floor to waist
- AWKWARD POSITIONS - getting to and from both sitting and kneeling on the ground
- FLEXIBILITY - awkward reaches
- BALANCE - including standing and walking on extremely slick and uneven surfaces while carrying.
- VISION - 20/40 corrected vision to see moving safety hazards, moving equipment, vehicles, and obstructions
- HEARING - corrected to hear verbal safety warnings and instructions from coworkers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform the job successfully; an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- JS_8.2.3,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_8.2.5,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_8.5.10,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_8.5.11,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_8.5.12,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_8.5.2,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_8.5.3,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_18.104.22.168 Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Must be able to pass physical fitness and agility test.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Helena Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Feb 9, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Helena Nearest Secondary Market:
Montana Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Electrical, Manufacturing, Engineering