Supports the financial management and business development of the division of Innovative Practice with its many different service lines working in collaboration with the EMed Financial Manager and Director of Innovative Practice. The position requires attention to detail and incorporates several elements of Finance, Accounting, Operations, and Healthcare Administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages and conducts all financial management activities including the development of annual operating, capital, and shadow budgets; monitors performance against the budget on a monthly basis, taking corrective action if necessary.
- Calculating and accumulating monthly accruals which include understanding and analyzing the basis of the accrual and communicating to the finance department.
- Prepare journal entries (JEs), assist in drafting the accounting narrative, and complete General Ledger posting for all departmental organizations/cost-centers during the monthly accrual process.
- Assists in tracking internal budgets and performs reconciliation of department expenses and revenues.
- Assists with and oversees the processing of financial/business forms and banking documentation.
- Verifies, corrects and maintains a variety of financial and other business records and documents. Answers inquiries and provides information to faculty, students, staff, internal/external departments, and vendors.
- Prepares and files various financial or administrative reports.
- Partners with Director, Senior Program Coordinator(s), and Training Center Manager on pricing new business opportunities.
- Identifies new business opportunities and creates proposals for them for review by Director, Manager, and Practice Group Administrator.
- Coordinates Innovative Practice's contract development, vendor payment, and accounts receivables.
- Creates, tracks, and closes the loop on outgoing and incoming invoices.
- Oversees client billing for Innovative Practices service offerings, including but not limited to invoicing, payment tracking, and serving as a liaison for independent contractors and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field is required;
- Master's degree is preferred.
This job has expired.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience or a similar combination of education and experience in Finance or a healthcare-related field.
- In-depth knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in finance and accounting.