At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Daramic where we develop and manufacture advanced lead-acid battery separators that are driving innovation in transportation and industrial applications with cars, trucks, forklifts, and golf carts as well as ESS.
The Finance Director will report to the Vice President of Finance and will lead Daramic's global financial processes to include the preparation, analysis and presentation of financial results and key business drivers to the leadership team. This role is based in Charlotte, NC and leads a global team.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Provide direction to staff that includes performance management, mentoring, training, coaching, and development activities that are needed to achieve a high performance team.
- Manage Daramic's global monthly consolidation, forecast and other financial reporting processes to ensure accuracy and timely reporting to key BU and corporate stakeholders
- Lead the consolidated annual budgeting process, mid-term plan modeling and processes including presentations to leadership teams
- Develop and implement continuous improvement strategies that support the organization's goals, in particular, financial deliverables
- Collaborate with the finance leadership team to champion functional transformation; Identify and implement global FP&A process optimization, standardization, and centralization where appropriate
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making, with a focus on capital allocation decisions and long-range planning
- Partner with the business unit leadership to deliver forecasts, budgets, business performance plans, projects and other ad hoc analyses
- 10 years plus of experience across multiple finance and/or accounting roles with 2+ years of managing people. 5+ years in a complex multi-site manufacturing environment
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with multiple functions and stakeholders
- High levels of personal integrity, clarity and honesty
- Advanced financial modeling and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with business leadership, including through MS PowerPoint presentations
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Ability to manage and lead others - both direct line and dotted line
- Entrepreneurial attitude, goal driver, results focused with a strong bias for action
- Bachelor's degree required with a Master's Degree preferred in Finance, Business, Economics
- CPA required
- Project management across functions
- Intermediate to advanced financial modeling and MS Excel skills
- Ability to travel +/- 20%, both domestic and international
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.