SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Working closely with Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Controller will be responsible for oversight of all North America finance, accounting, treasury tax, compliance, statutory and corporate reporting. The Financial Controller ensures that SGS US and Canada financial policies and procedures are in line with state/province and federal regulations and guidelines.
QualificationsEducation and Experience
- Responsible for accounting, treasury, risk management, compliance, and Tax operations across North America (US and Canada).
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Hires, develops, and manages accounting directors, managers, and staff
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and budgets and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Assist FP&A and Business controllers in the annual budgeting and planning process
- Oversee Treasury and Manage cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with Headquarters, North America Senior Leadership Team and continuously collaborate with other management staff to assess the financial efficacy of operations.
- Supervise risk management and ensure appropriate insurance coverage is set up for all operations.
- Supervise Pension fund and relationship with Financial advisors to ensure proper management of the fund, best investments, and coverage of defined benefit plan.
- Ensure that all Federal, State/Province and City tax returns are filed by the due dates. Ensuring that all State/Province sales and use tax, personal property tax and real property tax regulations are followed, and returns are filed by the due dates.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the company's financial status.
- Ensure that all recommendations made by the Group CFO are followed up on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain necessary accounting policies and systems and building an accounting and finance department as the company grows.
- Ad hoc assignments as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting; CPA. (Required)
- 10+ years of related experience. (Required)
- Experience managing complex - multi-industry across all geographies customer base. (Required)
- Strong management experience. (Required)
- Experience in Tax, Treasury, Pension fund and risk management. (Required)
- Experience with Oracle ERP preferred. (Preferred)
This job has expired.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities, and extensive experience with financial planning, forecasting, modeling, and data analysis.
- Track record of process improvements and policy implementation.
- Dynamic and customer-service driven with excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be solution minded, creative, and adapt easily to change. Ability to function in a fast paced, unstructured, entrepreneurial environment a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills.