About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com.
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
- Tends automatic and semi-automatic machines and related equipment including pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed and odor control and vacuum filters used to decontaminate waste water by settling, aeration and sludge digestion.
- Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually to regulate flow.
- Monitors flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls through instrument panels in assigned area.
- Monitors and records operating conditions observations and data in area shift log.
- Ensures conformance to process specifications. Troubleshoots and diagnoses operational problems and takes corrective action per procedure. Verifies and reports suspected malfunctions and variances to supervisor. Performs routine and preventative maintenance and maintenance related items as assigned.
- Performs field tests (chemical, physical and biological) in order to pace chemical dosages for process and odor control units or alter unit processes.
- Samples wastewater, sludge (odor control, digester, etc.) according to schedule.
- Prepares chemical solutions and services automatic samplers.
- Performs lab tests applicable to permit testing and related reports per procedure.
- Performs instrument calibration for portable meters including, but not limited to, dissolved oxygen, pH, H2S, percent oxygen, lower explosive limit.
- Monitors process chemical supplies and recommends reorder.
- Performs manual labor including filling and emptying of machine bins and cleaning equipment, facilities and grounds as required.
- Performs minor maintenance including, but not limited to, routine preventive maintenance, lubrication and minor adjustments.
- Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
- Practices good housekeeping in assigned area and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- Maintains grounds by mowing, weedeating, and poisoning areas needed.
- High School education or equivalent with the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions).
- Knowledge in wastewater not required but a major plus.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
- Must have the ability to perform basic math equations.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to operate all machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets under general supervision.
- Must demonstrate ability to efficiently operate all equipment in facility which may include pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment, and material handling equipment.
- Must have the ability to diagnose process problems regardless of complexity, troubleshoot equipment and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must be able to serve rotational on-call weekend duties.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
This job has expired.