Salary: $26 - $37 per hour.
Our client is currently seeking to bring on a Field Service Technician and Field Service Engineer to travel nationwide on a regular basis. This position will be exclusively direct hire and will have you be on the road traveling for 95% of the time, so they are looking for true road warriors that will not have a need to go back home consistently. This role will have you fly out to major cities, rent cars at the airport, and travel to work sites. Lodging and other traveling expenses will be paid for by the client.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone that has 5 years of troubleshooting, repairing, servicing, and maintaining experience for Automation, PLC, and robotics needs.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Follows up on urgent calls to insure problem has been handled.
- Reports daily to Service the status of current assignments.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Provide preventative maintenance recommendations.
- Extensive travel required many times on short notice.
- Maintain Vendor required certifications and training as required.
- Performs repairs, retrofits, and preventative maintenance professionally.
- Submits accurate expense and service reports in a timely manner.
- Performs other related work and special projects as directed by the Service and Training Manager.
- Proactively tries to sell spare parts, service, training, and engineering services to all customers
- Works overtime when requested according to company policy.
- Obeys company policies and procedures and observes all safety regulations.
- Authority to add/insert redlines to any Job drawing package during build/programming.
- Design authority.
- Authority to recommend changes that will affect more than one job or process according to the ECO/ECR instruction.
- Authority to approve Job changes/drawing packages internally.
- Authority to request purchased materials/job additions/changes in accordance with PCO instruction, referencing spending policy.
- Authority to evaluate safety and functionality/risk/compliance associated with Job. (ISO 10218-2)
- Authority to purchase on behalf of the company according to spend policy.
- Authority to work out of sequence.
- Authority to inspect for fitness of use.
- Authority to complete assigned repair/installation work onsite.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Having a valid driver's license for rental cars.
- Having a full complete drivers license or U.S. passport for flying.
- Must have a credit card with $2,000 worth of expenditure room for traveling expenses.
- Being able to travel consistently without the need to go back home.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Field Service Technician
- Candidates must be well versed in PLC, Robotics, and automation.
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Office
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team player
- Ability to travel
- Ability to drive a fork truck
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com