The Field Service Project Foreman is responsible for managing field service jobs which include but are not limited to emergency response, hazardous materials handling, hazardous waste cleanup and site remediation. The Foreman is a working manager and is expected to perform the required work as needed in addition to managing the project. This individual is responsible for managing field service crews in a safe and compliant manner according to Health & Safety requirements as well as according to scope and budget.
You are a natural leader who can motivate and engage your team members. You aren't afraid to get your hands duty and do the work that's required to get the job done well. You possess integrity, a strong work ethic and a commitment to safety. You enjoy leading by example and mentoring a team.
A Day in the Life
What you need to apply
- Meet with the Branch or ER Manager for job details and team assignments
- Participate and conduct daily and weekly safety meetings with expectations of adhering to the job specific and company safety policies
- Operate and maintain trucks, equipment and vehicles in a safe manner in accordance with all company health and safety policies.
- Maintain on-call availability to perform emergency response services including the cleanup of hazardous/non-hazardous waste spills, disaster response and recovery, and waste management.
- Perform remediation services which include storage tank cleaning, industrial cleaning & maintenance, environmental site remediation, vacuum truck services, and demolition/dismantlement.
- Understand and use the paperwork process flow, handling and transportation of non-hazardous and hazardous waste materials.
- Through safety training become an expert in recognizing onsite potential hazards and through communication and reporting rectify concerns.
- Maintain a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Display leadership qualities including but not limited to work practices, attitude, H&S attentiveness, etc.
- Provide daily communication to the customer to ensure premiere quality of service and that change orders are communicated before additional work is completed.
- Perform strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects. Must be capable of following detailed directions.
- Accurately complete and submit daily worksheets, change orders, equipment rentals, air monitoring reporting, H&S paperwork.
- Maintain compliance with DOT/OSHA and company required training.
- Be available to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. (on call rotation)
For your hard work
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 3 years environmental services industry experience
- Driver's license required with a driving record with less than 3 violations in the last 3 years
- Basic computer skills & excellent communication skills
- Experience in emergency response work or related field
- HAZWOPER40 hourcertification required
- Confined Space Entry training is a plus
- CDL Class A or B with T, H or X Endorsement is highly preferred
- Must be able to perform heavy lifting; manual labor.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions and temperatures.
- Ability to wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to respond to environmental emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Must be willing and able to travel out of town on short notice for weeks or months at a time as required
- Understand and comply with all DOT and HAZMAT regulations including timely and accurate submission of Driver Daily Logs
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- 100% employer paid medical for you
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.