ECS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject an Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 4th, 2022. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to verify that you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022, or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate set forth in the Executive Order.
Note: An individual is not considered to be fully vaccinated until two weeks after receiving the second vaccine dosage in a vaccine regimen involving two vaccines.
The above does not apply to personnel applying to United States Postal Service positions, however, as an ECS employee you will be required to complete the ECS COVID-19 survey to be compliant with Executive Order 14024.
ECS is seeking a Field Service Engineer for our USPS customer to work in our Norman, OK office.
Review, validate, and create engineering / technical documentation. Provide Tier III Field Service support and troubleshooting.
Verifying / Validating installations, maintenance and operation of all types of control devices and industrial type equipment.
Integrate with multiple departments utilizing technical knowledge to support equipment lifecycle support programs.
- Provides field support by phone and through on-site visits in the analysis, evaluation, and resolution of equipment system malfunctions and performance deterioration.
- Provides technical information, feedback, and improvement recommendations to other organizational groups, equipment manufacturers, and contractors on equipment system functionality and operational performance.
- Participates in the evaluation and monitoring of hardware and software systems to determine equipment reliability and maintainability; provides recommendations on equipment changes and enhancements, including coordinating activities to ensure maintenance documentation and training reflect modifications in a timely manner.
- Maintains and updates national equipment information database systems; establishes procedures and methods for information collection, analysis, and reporting to facilitate the tracking of equipment performance indicators.
- Data mining / root cause analysis activities to identify trends, outliers and anomalies; uses information to develop recommendations to improve machine service, performance, and reduce costs.
- Verify / validate engineering / technical documentation; create technical documentation based on engineering and COTS information; utilizing technical knowledge / experience, work with multidiscipline group to provide technical documentation and equipment support.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of maintenance programs and performance standards established to provide system-wide efficiencies in equipment system performance.
- Participates in and assists with the development and coordination of processes and procedures necessary for supporting and contributing to the establishment of specialized maintenance technical support teams.
- Provides information to and coordinates with field maintenance on the provisioning of repair parts for national equipment maintenance programs.
- Provides to field maintenance supervisors and employees technical advice and guidance on maintenance equipment, communication, electronic systems, and field training.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- AA or higher-level degree preferred
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, technical guidance, equipment failure analysis, problem management and trend analysis to support maintenance customers.
- Ability to interface and coordinate with internal and external customers to resolve equipment and system problems.
- Ability to function individually and in a team environment with varying degrees of autonomy
- Understanding of lifecycle support methodologies
- Basic industrial control/systems knowledge or experience
- Basic comprehension of process management / control
- Experience / knowledge related to troubleshooting control system issues
- Associate or Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair of fixed and non-fixed mechanization automation, customer service equipment, and data collection/communications systems.
- Ability to guide and assist remotely located technicians in troubleshooting equipment and system malfunctions using fault isolation techniques, including on-line diagnostic tools and systems.
- Ability to support and prioritize multiple tasks, problems, and projects based on customers' expectations, criticality, and operation impacts.
- Process Improvement experience using Six Sigma DMAIC
- Software or engineering Lifecycle support methodology and experience.
- Ability to conduct trend analysis of equipment failures and recommend action to reduce failure occurrence.
- Experience writing Preventive Maintenance Routes and technical documentation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.