Cedar Point is currently looking for qualified applicants to provide entertainment (i.e. acting, singing, dancing, instrumental music, music played by disc jockey, etc.) to guests in our theatres and midways as part of a rehearsed/trained show. Our performers are expected to adhere to a character role when in the presence of our guests and may need to pose for photographs for our guests and/or media. How You'll Make A Difference:
Perform for guests as an actor, singer, dancer, instrumentalist, or variety artist as designated by the producer/manager.
We're Looking For:
- Rehearse role for assigned show as directed by the production staff.
- Perform role consistently for guests during several performance times per day, as assigned by management.
- Check fit of costumes and reports repair needs to the proper personnel.
- Perform physical and vocal warm-ups prior to performances to prevent injury.
- Provide guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and perform all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meet scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meet Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies. Adhere to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Associate Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
All applicants must audition to be considered for performance positions. We are holding auditions throughout the year. For audition information, including audition dates & locations, visit https://www.cedarpoint.com/live-entertainment
- Previous training in acting, voice, instrumental music, and/or dance is preferred.
- Actors must have the ability to maintain character role for performances.
- Dancers and singer/dancers must have the ability to dance and maintain choreography throughout the season as set by the Choreographer, Director or Manager of Entertainment.
- Singers and musicians must have the ability to play instrument and/or sing and maintain pitch as well as demonstrate knowledge of music and various musical styles.
- All performers must have the ability to demonstrate and maintain stage presence as appropriate for a specific stylized show.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.