FACILITY OPERATIONS-IUB (BL-PHYP-IUBLA)
The Capital Planning & Facilities (CPF) division of Indiana University has an exciting leadership opportunity for a financial administration leader.
CPF works to ensure that all IU campuses are beautiful, functional, and sustainable by supporting excellence in teaching, learning, research, and community engagement across the entire university. This position is part of the Support Resources unit which provides financial analysis, budget oversight, compliance support, procurement and construction contract management, bidding, supplier relationships and transactional processing for all units within the CPF division. Learn more about Support Resources by visiting our webpage here.
At CPF, we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion are inseparable from our mission to create campuses and communities that keep our faculty, staff and students feeling safe, supported and included. CPF Cares about each individual and the unique background and capabilities they bring to our team. It is through these diverse experiences and perspectives that we will thrive in the future as a team that actively represents Indiana University's commitment to diversity and equity.
Department Specific Responsibilities
- Provides customer service by answering the telephone and responding to email request for information and assistance. Route communications to appropriate personnel and keep customers informed of work statuses.
- Receives and processes request for Facility Operations services by evaluating problems, determine appropriate response, notify personnel in order to ensure timely response.
- Dispatches appropriate personnel by two-way radio or telephone for timely response to urgent and emergency request for Facility Operations.
- Monitors two-way radio traffic for assistance and information between divisions and craft shops.
- Enters maintenance request for Facility Operations into CMMS system to create service request, determine correct accounting and appropriate craft shop.
- Maintains records of information and procedures.
- Coordinates building maintenance projects such as maintenance planning, security/access control, and emergency response. Coordinates fire and life safety, environmental safety procedures, and planning with university personnel and external agencies where required.
- Relays reported problems to the appropriate maintenance staff and may assist with periodic scheduled and ad hoc inspections to identify cleaning and property maintenance needs.
- Assists with preparing estimates for repairs in order for fiscal staff to ensure building maintenance falls within allocated budget with an emphasis on cost-containment.
- Participates in aspects of project development, budget, implementation, and completion.
- Coordinates fulfillment of work orders for corrective action and routine maintenance; monitors progress, escalating complex matters as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED
WORK EXPERIENCE Required
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- 2 years in facilities management, project management, business operations, or related field
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly thorough and dependable
This role requires both sedentary work and the ability to move about, sometimes quickly, for long periods of time. It requires moving heavy objects, providing support for heavy objects, and performing strenuous labor under adverse field conditions.The ability to use tools, operate machinery, and to complete construction projects with precision and accuracy is required. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential tasks with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Bloomington, IndianaAdvertised Salary
$36,400 annuallyBenefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: Engineering, Trades & Facility
Job Family: Facility Management
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.