About the role
Performs repair and maintenance to the buildings and grounds in accordance with Cantel's safety and operational standards, and ensures optimum efficiency and reliability of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and building systems.
What you will do
- Monitors all control systems for the areas they are responsible for maintaining to insure proper performance and maximum energy savings.
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs to the Reverse Osmosis (RO) water system including the softener, filters and RO water distribution system. Conduct daily/monthly monitoring, testing and documentation required. Maintenance includes replacing carbon beds and sanitizing the systems routinely.
- Will use a Computerized Maintenance Management System to effectively complete and track both corrective and preventive maintenance work activity. Sets priorities for effectively managing work load. Will work with internal and external customers to develop and maintain preventive maintenance procedures and schedules as appropriate for the maintenance of the facilities and related equipment.
- Performs corrective and preventive facility maintenance activity. Work activities include but not limited to; trouble shooting electrical systems, replacing lamps and ballasts, changing air filters and belts, cleaning air conditioning coils, unplugging toilets and drains, moving and setting up office furniture, maintain and adjust doors and door closers. Orders and maintains necessary supply inventories.
- Responsible for maintaining grounds and coordinating landscape and snowplowing contractors in the summer and winter seasons. Additional responsibilities include irrigation, lighting, and security.
- Performs corrective and preventative maintenance for boilers, air compressors, refrigerated air dryers, refrigeration, HVAC and related systems. Work activities include but not limited to; cleaning coils, changing filters, belts, sampling and changing oil and providing necessary documentation.
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance on life safety systems including but not limited to fire alarm and fire extinguishers, entry alarms, process and facility related monitoring systems. Insures operation is maintained in a safe and efficient condition at all times.
- Maintains records, supplies, shop and office. Maintains operation within FDA, OSAHA, ADA, NFPA and IBC standards. Will use the Main Saver computerized maintenance management system and other programs to maintain documentation to meet these requirements.
- Works with outside contractors for building and process related construction and maintenance improvements. Will provide necessary coordination for the completion of contracted work as assigned.
- Will participate in the on-call process for responding to emergency calls on nights, weekends and holidays. Rotation for staff will be based on the number of team members and will be based on the increment of one week.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIRED FOR POSITION: Supervision/Work Direction:
It is expected that the incumbent will have the ability to be self directed, work independently as well as in a team environment and set work priorities. May schedule and direct vendors/contractors on an occasional basis for maintenance, repair, replacement and testing of equipment and systems, under the direction of Facilities Manager. Internal/External Contacts:
Internal - Daily contact with facilities maintenance staff and a variety of office and lab personnel.
External -Will have contact with vendors and contractors with a wide variety of responsibilities to include plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems, under the direction of Facilities Manager.Education/Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires five or more years of related work experience.
- Able to perform trade related activities such as carpentry, welding, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, air compressors, refrigerated air dryers, environmental chambers, refrigeration and painting.
- Must have strong understanding and working knowledge of building trades and systems.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints and schematics. Ability to create CAD drawings preferred.
- Two years of vocational college in building or equipment related trades preferred. Vocational certification in air conditioning, refrigeration, and/or electrical maintenance a plus.
Works on assignments moderately complex in nature, setting workload priorities and meeting deadlines. Follows standard procedures, raising questions on unusual or questionable items and suggesting solutions to non-standards. Special Knowledge/Skills:
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Good troubleshooting skills and basic knowledge in the care and use of power equipment. Should possess a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude, with knowledge in the operation of building automation and electronic control systems.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position. Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, stoop, crouch, bend or reach above and below shoulders height frequently. This job requires frequent twisting and turning of the body and the use of both hands. This job also requires occasionally working outdoors during inclement weather conditions.
- Requires Special Class Boilers License.
- Requires valid State of Minnesota drivers license.
- 2 nd Class "C" Boilers License preferred.
- Requires State of Minnesota low voltage electrical license.
- Requires State of Minnesota CFC handling certification.
- Fork lift operator's certificate preferred.
- Must be able to use a personal computer and be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Will be working with computerized maintenance management system, Main Saver as well as building automation systems. #CB
Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units: Medical
: Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes. Life Sciences
: Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products. Dental:
Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.