GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab8 is seeking a highly skilled and Process Engineer to become part of our state-of-the-art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. The individual selected for this position will work together with other GlobalFoundries technology development and manufacturing groups at Fab 8. Employee will participate in process development and manufacturing activities for advanced technology nodes. Projects will include development and optimization of process for various technologies, linking with other process engineering and integration groups. In addition to development/manufacturing experience, experience in optimizing unit process for manufacturability, tool ownership will be important.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to screen and optimize module unit process and equipment to meet technology (e.g., performance, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (e.g., process stability, cost of ownership) targets
- Work with integration and device groups in the technology development and the manufacturing teams to plan and execute projects and implement solutions on schedule
- Engage with tool suppliers to highlight new unit process requirements and evaluate new equipment solutions
- Define and maintain module unit process and equipment roadmaps.
- Improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data-driven decision making, and systematic problem-solving skills. Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in support of throughput improvement, cost reduction, and yield learning
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechancial Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics, or relevant engineering physical science discipline is required
- Minimum of 0-1 years of semiconductor process engineering experience in the process area is desired; experience in advanced technology (14nm or beyond) is strongly preferred
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Experience and understanding of high-volume manufacturing
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.