Our company culture is built upon YKK's philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
The purpose of this position is to assure proper functions and duties in inventory control, quality, and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets work orders & pick sheets following written instructions
- Identifies and can determine common extrusions used for fabrication of doors and frames produced at facility
- Identifies and can determine finish and part # codes
- Inspect and perform daily maintenance of the fabrication equipment
- Interprets fabrication paperwork, including but not limited to fab-sheets, order acknowledgements, cut sheets, and drawings.
- Loads materials onto carts to prevent damage in transit
- Properly extract inventory for production and performs routing transactions and cycle counts with hand held scanners.
- Properly and safely use the cut saw, punch presses, and other fabrication machinery.
- Identify and follow steps and procedures to install hardware
- Keeps assigned work area clean at all times in accordance with 5-S Protocols
- Complete any other related duties required and/or assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Will train to operate equipment used in performing these duties
- Operates a stand-up side loader or standard industrial fork truck to move materials to designated areas.
- Employee must be able to stand for minimum of eight (8) hours
- Accurately maintain and complete daily time records (LOTS)
- Ability to Install Clips for Standard Hardware Components
- Ability to Prep Complex Doors/Frames above Standard (> Category 3)
- Knowledge and Understanding to Read and Comply with Fabs-Sheets
- Ability to Install Clips for Custom Hardware Components
- Ability to follow pre-defines BOM for custom Doors/Frames (> Category 3)
- Ability to follow Detailed PPE and Training Process for Welding
- Knowledge of Quality Checks in Process for Welding
- Identifies and tags material with written symbol for assembly and inspection
- Ability to Properly Weld Custom Doors (>Category 3)
- Knowledge of Reading Documentation for Hardware Installation of All Door/Frame Categories
- Knowledge to Comprehend Fab-sheets and Quality Checks to Inspect all Check Points for all Door/Frame Categories
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- High School diploma/GED (minimum)
- Good Computer Skills
- Ability to recognize similarities and difference between profiles
- Ability to add & subtract, multiply, divide.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Be vigilant about safety
- Ability to use tools, machinery, and tape measure
- Ability to be Licensed and Operate a Forklift
- Ability to Operate Electronic Devices (Scanners)
- Quality - conscious, oriented to excellence
- Welding - completion of training module for Welding
Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled
This job has expired.