Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Software Engineer that has domain knowledge related to F-18 system development and testing. S/he will work with senior leadership and a fast-paced team of mission-focused engineers to solve some of the DOD's toughest challenges. Initiative, creativity, reliability, and efficient teamwork will be required to successfully deliver innovative solutions in this dynamic customer space.
The selected Software Engineer will be responsible for developing IDT's automated test and analysis for tactical systems and subsystems related to the F-18 program. Prior experience with development and test processes of F-18 systems and embedded software is preferred.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Design, development, and analysis of F-18 related software
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Integrate software components into a complex software Dev environment
- Implement documented design including coding and testing while adhering to coding standards
- Develop and test Java application operating in real-time environment
- Develop software interface to communicate across Network protocols including TCP and UDP (DDS, etc.)
- Participate and provide feedback in design reviews & code reviews
- Minimum 3 years' experience in engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- Previous experience developing software for F-18 or relevant systems
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience with distributed systems, algorithms, and software design patterns
- Experience with and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Hands-on experience with Java/J2EE and object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with SQL and relational (MS-SQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc.) databases
- Proficiency working with version control software like SVN, Git, and complex software development environments
- Proficiency working with different SW development tools (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, and Nexus, etc.)
- Ability to perform many concurrent assignments and determine the need for changing priorities
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- System integration and test experience for complex software applications
- Proven experience working with complex software systems
- Experience in testing software and test automation
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Ability to work closely with Program Managers and Chief Engineers to document, manage and communicate systems and software requirements
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, and teamwork
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and planning skills
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.