How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Executive Director of Talent Acquisition drives strategy and leads a dynamic team of recruiters and Talent Acquisition Managers to attract and hire top talent into the organization. Partners closely with leaders and hiring managers across the organization to report on progress, propose initiatives to improve our talent acquisition program, improve processes, find and implement efficiencies, propose and deliver recruiting-related training initiatives, drive creative pipeline building/sourcing strategies, and work with the talent acquisition team and WellStar leadership to ensure hiring is a top priority across the organization. Recommends and leads innovative strategies to build WellStar's talent brand and provide a phenomenal candidate experience. Demonstrates strategic, operational and tactical capabilities and leads recruiting initiatives while being hands-on in implementing talent acquisition solutions, enabling WellStar to attract and hire the top talent.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education:
- Responsible to provide strategic direction to lead the development and management of recruiting initiatives, polices, practices, and activities to build an 'employer of choice" talent acquisition strategy for WellStar Health System. This will include the evaluation and evolution of sourcing strategies, candidate assessment tools, interview and selection processes, Applicant Tracking
- System utilization, training of teams, and to serve as a resource to each WellStar Recruitment Team.
- Lead the talent acquisition operations team to build the best diverse, talented, impactful team; partnering with hiring managers and WellStar leaders
- Manage a team of dynamic Talent Acquisition Managers across service lines and provide guidance and oversite surrounding hiring, resource management, capacity planning, leadership, training, mentorship, performance management, and support for the talent acquisition organization
- Ongoing development and mentorship of the talent acquisition team
- Develop and foster strong relationships/partnerships with leaders across the organization. Meet with leaders to assess recruiting progress, future hiring plans, obstacles and challenges, and collaborate on recruiting activities and strategies
- Work closely with key business stakeholders and partners including business leaders, HR/compensation partners, Finance, Legal, etc. to coordinate on creative strategies, best practices and compliance
- Lead the talent acquisition operations team to implement creative solutions to improve hiring processes and hire key talent quickly and efficiently
- Identify, prioritize, and lead initiatives to ensure that WellStar is providing a best-in-class candidate experience
- Ensure team is effectively driving the hiring process for all roles. Pinpoint and help to remove any obstacles to recruiting progress
Required Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Nursing (BSN) or a related field.
- Master's degree in Business, Organizational Leadership/Design, Health Administration, Nursing or a related field preferred.
- PHR/SPHR preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- A minimum of seven (7) years progressive leadership and team management. Minimum of 3 years of experience managing other leaders including leadership and development experience in a fast paced, metrics driven, consultative model.
- Prior experience in building a recruiting infrastructure for rapidly growing organizations, including process, strategy, metrics and systems.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment law (including Affirmative Action/OFCCP), policies, recruiting, performance review programs, and progressive counseling; high degree of integrity and ability to exercise discretion. Ability to partner closely and effectively with Human Resources, Compensation, Finance and Legal
- Demonstrated ability to perform day-to-day recruiting in all functions of the business while leading and executing on broader talent strategies
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering high quality, consumable, and consistent metrics to hiring managers and executive teams
- Thorough understanding of job market and hiring trends, early indicators of change, and strategies to adapt quickly to a changing hiring environment
- Ability to maintain focus and keep a strong eye on the details in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Effective leader; ability to grow, mentor and challenge a team to do their best work every day
- Excellent communication, behavioral interviewing and negotiating skills
- Proactive approach in exploring new sources or research for developing an applicant pool by means of the Internet, social media, and other online avenues.
- Strategic thinker able to design creative differentiating strategies to attract highly qualified candidates. Fresh ideas and insights to advance our company's talent acquisition strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of applicant tracking systems (ATS), social media and recruiting process workflow.
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!