Job ID: 427704
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
$500 bonus after 90 days of employment
This position will operate various heavy equipment, such as front-end loaders, knuckle booms, bulldozers, wheel loaders, and all-terrain forklifts, in a rugged 50+ acre outdoor, paved and unpaved environment. Operators will use this heavy equipment to move bulk material throughout a manufacturing facility while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Observe equipment operation to detect machine malfunction
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Perform routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Inspect and complete equipment report daily
- Able to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- At least 2 years experience using heavy equipment/front end loader
- Must be able to work safely in a busy mulch yard, judging distances and operating equipment with precision
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Able to read and write in English as well as record and understand numerical values
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 65 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- Able to sit for extended periods, climb up & down from cab heights, and work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog
What CRH Offers You
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Charleston South Carolina Nearest Secondary Market:
South Carolina Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Facilities, Temporary, Front End, Manufacturing, Operations, Contract, Technology
This job has expired.