At Braun Intertec our science happens because of our people. We are collaborators with the passion to build innovations that solve problems, efficiently and safely. We are proud to be an employee-owned firm with offices in seven states, which has grown to over 1,200 employee-owners - and still counting.
Our vision is to be both the Consultant of Choice and Employer of Choice. Our employee-owner culture is a driver of our success. As owners, we all have a vested interest in delivering quality services to our clients and being a leader in the industry.
Our workplace is full of engaged employee-owners who value and encourage a healthy workplace - it is a culture of inclusiveness, collaboration, learning, safety, and enjoying what you do each day. By hiring the best people and helping each other grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for our employee owners and our clients.
Sound good to you? Explore what we have to offer.
Currently, we are hiring an Environmental Staff Engineer/Scientist III in our Houston, TX location. As an Environmental Staff Engineer/Scientist III, your role will involve primarily managing the completion of Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) and vapor assessments, preparation of remedial plans, limited correspondence with clients and regulatory staff, and other tasks related to meeting project objectives. Additionally, a field component will be needed at times that would include sample collection, data logging, remediation oversight and reporting.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Conduct and manage Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA)
- Conduct and manage Phase II ESAs and related soil, vapor and groundwater contaminant investigations; at times including related field services for such projects.
- Assist with and/or prepare response action plans to facilitate remediation and redevelopment
- Oversee remedial projects to ensure compliance with plans and specifications and coordinate monitoring and testing services
- Prepare scopes of work, cost estimates, and written proposals
- Data evaluation and report preparation
- Travels to local and regional project sites (up to 20% travel, based on project needs)
- Data analysis, proficient in Microsoft platform applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrates problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of regulatory compliance and reporting
- Mechanical aptitude
Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, ESOP, PTO, and paid holidaysAs an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at email@example.com. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology or Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Chemistry or related degree.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in environmental consulting industry.
- OSHA 40-hour Hazwoper
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver's license, clean driving history and be willing to use personal vehicle on company projects as required.
- Experience with field data collection, investigation, and remediation oversight preferred