Manages and oversees overall maintenance operations. Responsible for planning, organizing and managing preventive maintenance, renovations, cleaning and repair to equipment, fixtures, furnishings, structure and interior and exterior of buildings for all facilities for efficient, reliable, safe and secure building for daily operations. Supervise Facility Supervisor(s), electricians, technicians and painters. Coordinate maintenance and repairs with managers and their staff. Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Ensure building meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
- Plan, organize and supervise maintenance and repairs performed by building staff.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly work schedules.
- Administer the work order system for facilities, ensure work orders are complete on schedule.
- Responsible for building quality control, inspects facilitates and work areas to eliminate deficiencies and improve facilities.
- Continually evaluate the effective of maintenance procedures and programs, make changes to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for purchasing supplies, equipment and services.
- Prepare annual budget for building maintenance, repairs and capital improvements.
- Manage contracted maintenance, repairs and construction.
- Check assigned work to staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies.
- Keep records of building inspections and repairs.
- Operate and maintain emergency generators assigned to Facility department.
- Recruit, interview, train and evaluate all direct and indirect reports as appropriate
- Review employees work hours to verify accuracy and approve payroll.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate degree in HVAC. Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred.
- A minimum of five years supervisory experience in building and facilities management.
- Must have at least three year's work experience in HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
- Experience managing a team including managing, training and scheduling staff.
- Multi-site leadership and experience working in a team environment.
- Must maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Experience with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Previous experience in a union environment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company. * We do not provide application status due to overwhelming volume. If your skills meet our needs, we will contact you to move forward in the process.***EOE without regard to race, color, religion, creed, affectional or sexual orientation or sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, gender, gender identity, citizenship status, marital status, VEVRAA Federal Contractor.**
***If you have a disability and you need an accommodation to apply, please contact the Sr. Director of Talent and Development at 301-773-5500 ext. 2975***