In this role you will be responsible for developing math design solutions to meet subsystem and component requirements. This activity develops independent problem solving and multi-functional issue resolution. You will required to have working knowledge of SMT Design and Engineering Best Practices. You will be an expert in GM CAD and Data Management System, Windows Suite, and VisMockup. You will exercise creative solution development with some technical direction from Design Leader Technical or Senior Designer. Become experienced with Development Process and the math fidelity of each cycle. Proficient in CAD Tools and deep understanding of Standard Modeling Methods.
You will also be responsible for developing virtual integration solutions to support program requirements along with a deep understanding of the application of basic design principles and concepts plus an understanding of the fundamental theories, practices and procedures of virtual integration. Fundamental knowledge of theory and principle of virtual integration, capable of performing higher level assignments that are broader and more dynamic in nature. You will provide solutions to none routine problems of more moderate scope and complexity for virtual vehicle integration. You will work with general supervision and be responsible for coordinating with some administration of programs or SMT by the Virtual Design Lead Technical or Senior Virtual Designer. (i.e. Virtual data quires, analysis, and interrogation from part to complete vehicle including vehicle assembly structure and part design usage / configuration.).
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL ALSO INCLUDE:
- You will support other designers with design tasks, component requirements or other virtual integration task
- Develop, refines, and finalizes Criteria and Sections
- Compile with Design Standards, Best Practices and Global infoBOOK Standards
- You will apply manufacturability, Design For Assembly, and integration knowledge to parts and subsystem designs and their usage requirements
- Actively participate and / or lead design / virtual reviews
- You will document and maintain material, mass, and other part specifications within the Math file
- Complete NX Analysis for their subsystem and apply results with support of the DLT or Senior Designer
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to achieve product design requirements
- Integrate component and subsystem designs into systems
- You will stay ahead of current product developments and trends in area of responsibility
- Share lessons learned with Designers plus recommend updates to Best Practices
- Craft math data (models) or virtual layouts of complex components and subsystems
- Proactively communicate with Design Manager and DLT and DRE regarding project status, timing, and technical issues.
- You will ensure high quality, on time math release of components and subsystems
Additional Job Description
- Actively identify new areas for learning and take advantage of learning opportunities
- Bachelor of Technology and 3+ years of experience or 15+ years of experience without Technical Degree
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.