Job ID: 239439
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs repairs and routine maintenance on plant electrical equipment and systems. Installs new plant electrical equipment as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, calibrate and repair electric and electronic circuits, equipment, controls, and instrumentation as needed.
- Interpret and work from blueprints, charts, tables, work orders, verbal instructions and established practices to organize and complete assigned repair jobs. Solve routine job problems effectively.
- Performs repairs, routine maintenance and preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Performs the construction and installation of new plant electrical equipment and systems.
- Modifies existing plant electrical equipment, instruments and systems.
- Inspects plant electrical systems and equipment for needed preventive maintenance.
- Inspect and service electrical motors, including bearing lubrication and replacement.
- Install power and control wiring including conduit and cable tray.
- Must be willing and able to learn operations and trouble shooting of plant environmental equipment.
- Responsible for housekeeping and clean-up of immediate work areas or in other areas in conjunction with assigned duties.
- Responsible for documentation associated with job duties.
- Aids in training electrical apprentices.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Electrical Supervisor, as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee will be required to follow all job instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations and safety policies. Required Minimum Qualifications Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- On a continuing basis observes all safety rules, wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
Ability to read and interpret warning labels, safety instructions, product use instructions, and electrical drawings including schematics, interconnection, conduit and cabinet drawings. Knowledge and understanding of ladder logic in programmable logic controllers. Working knowledge of the National Electric Code. Ability to solve routine electrical and instrumentation problems effectively. Knowledge of plant safety and lockout procedures and the ability to follow all plant rules. Ability to safely and effectively use screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, basic hand tools, Ohm meter, Meg Ohm meter, recorders, amp meter, conduit bender, threading machine, wire puller, forklift, manlift and related equipment. May need to pass a basic electrical instrumentation test. Working Conditions
Work requires lifting parts weighing up to 50 pounds; climbing ladders; kneeling, bending, pulling, pushing, working in awkward positions; walking on uneven surfaces; climbing stairs; working in man-baskets using a safety harness; and measuring voltage, ohm's and current accurately and safely. Exposure to excessive noise, dust, lime, heat and in all weather conditions. Normal operation of mobile equipment may result in jarring and vibratory exposure. Candidates must be willing to work shifts that may include weekends, afternoon, holidays, nights and on-call schedules. Education
- High School or GED - Minimum
- Vocational / Trade School / Accredited Associates Program - Preferred
About CRH Americas
- Minimum three years electrician experience
- Journeyman Electrician - Preferred
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Fort Worth Job Segment:
Electrical, Electrician, Instrumentation, Warehouse, Machinist, Engineering, Manufacturing