Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Lineman to join our team in Freeport, Texas.
Authorization to work in the U.S without sponsorship required.
- Strings, splices, transfers and sags wire in energized or de-energized circuits and connects wires and transformers as specified or directed. Shortens or lengthens lines by adding or removing wire, using a variety of types of splices, connectors, sleeves or clamps. Regularly works above ground on poles or steel towers using climbers and safety belt or operating man lift equipment, boom truck or other specialized equipment. Uses a variety of underground locating and fault-finding equipment
- Routes or re-routes power lines over, under or around existing lines and structures, regularly working above, on, or in close proximity to energized lines. Selects and uses a variety of "hot line" tools and makes use of rubber gloves, line hoses, mechanical jumpers, fiber guards, blankets and other protective devices as specified. Works on all voltages as required throughout the system
- Installs, removes, transfers, maintains and/or repairs cross arms, pins, insulators, guys, transformer and switch racks and other overhead pole equipment using a variety of hand tools, equipment and power tools
- Installs and removes transformers, including primary and secondary current transformers and self-contained meters; cut-outs, disconnecting switches, circuit breakers and other over line devices, rigging block and tackle where necessary or working with ground crew and winch to raise or lower equipment. May change transformer locations
- Performs line switching or sectionalizing as directed. Performs emergency repairs, phases and connects circuits under load, performs load checks and balances feeders as required.
- Inspects lines, poles and equipment for signs of damage or wear and reports deficiencies
- May troubleshoot electrical problems on company and customer equipment
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Repairing - Repairing lines or systems using the needed tools
Skills / Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 3+ year as a Journeyman
- CDL Required
- Post-Secondary Certificate desirable- awarded for training completed after high school
- Minimum 5 years in craft, including helper and apprentice roles
- Minimum 2 years as journeyman electrician working in industrial environment
- READING : The employee must have the ability to read safety requirements, instructions in the correct use and maintenance of shop tools, be able to read and understand methods and procedures that are present on drawings, layout work, and specifications
- WRITING : Must have the ability to write simple reports with the correct format using spelling and grammar (English
- SPEAKIN G : Must have the ability to speak using correct English with a well-modulated voice
- The minimum math ability usually associated with this classification is the ability to calculate material requirements, load charts and translate these figures into a bill of material which can be used to complete a specific job
- Employees must be able to use variable and formulas which are normally found in most industry approved trade hand books. Also, employees must be familiar with the NEC and O.S.H.A. requirements for the type work that is being performed
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.