Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
021004 EH&S Specialist (Open)
Under general supervision, performs generally non-routine risk assessments for processes and new equipment. Submits corrective solutions to risks while also making fiscal and operational considerations. Assists in safety and quality activities and improvement projects as directed by manager. Informs managers and supervisors of regulatory changes with which the company must comply.
Education and Experience
- Ensures that safety and environmental rules and regulations are followed.
- Advises managers regarding safety, compliance and environmental issues.
- Implements compliance requirements and control procedures as prescribed by regulatory agencies.
- Performs safety orientation and conducts training updates for employees.
- Completes reports required by regulatory agencies and maintains environmental records.
- Implements safety and environmental programs in conjunction with corporate initiatives.
- May train employees on safety aspects of machine operations.
- Maintains system processes that support the safety and environmental function.
- May be responsible for quality processes.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good safety practices and habits.
- May be responsible for regulatory water testing and reporting.
- May support site trails for process optimization and improvements.
- May conduct field sampling safely from various sampling points in and around Greif location(s).
- May perform customer service, purchasing, scheduling or other duties as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- High School Graduate or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 years experience in industrial or plant facility. Over 4+ years experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of relevant safety regulations.
- Ability to identify unsafe work practices and/or able to recognize processes subject to safety/environmental regulations.
- Takes an analytical approach to complex issues and problem solving.
- Ability to train and coach colleagues on issues relating to EH&S.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software and Internet research.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.