Job ID: 233820
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
The Truck Driver drives tack or distributor truck with capacity of 3,000 gallons to transport emulsion to and from specified destinations. Will be working on a paving crew when not driving a truck. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks. Work will be performed per the supervisor's instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Drive truck to destination in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist crew with other tasks when not operating distributor truck.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor on the job, as well as directing paving trucks to job site.
- Responsible for loading truck from emulsion tank.
- Responsible for applying emulsion to road surface prior to paving.
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for daily pre-trip inspection of truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water.
- Individual must possess a CDL B License with a Tank Endorsement.
- Follow directions of supervisor as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- Shovel dirt, stone, asphalt or any other materials depending up the job site.
- May perform duties of flagman for traffic control, janitor, steam cleaner operator or grease man.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
- Must keep vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- CDL Class A or B with Tanker and Air Brakes are required
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Willing to train employees who may not have driving experience must currently maintain a CDL A or CDL B license.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of trucks and related equipment to be operated.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
- Must be familiar with securing heavy equipment and other over dimensional loads.
- Ability to professionally interact with customers, collect payments and assist with issues that may arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent lifting of extensions chutes, stretching, sitting/driving, shifting gears, and covering/uncovering load when applicable.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to focus.
- Must be able to lift hood of truck unassisted; up to 50 lbs. on an on-going basis.
- Able to climb in and out of truck 3-4 steps (elevated 4+ feet into cab). (Could be in and out of truck 20-30 times per day).
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Lufkin Job Segment:
Electrical, Equipment Operator, Engineering, Manufacturing