Req ID: 262740
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC, a CRH Company, is located in southern West Virginia employing more than 100 employees during the construction months. As a stone producer with multiple locations located in the central and southeastern areas of West Virginia, Appalachian Aggregates, LLC supplies stone for ready-mix concrete, asphalt pavement, roadways, commercial buildings, as well as the private markets. Appalachian Aggregates, LLC prides itself on its ability to provide services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH Americas family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH Americas. CRH Americas is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for operating trucks to transport materials and/or equipment to various job site locations and within the facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates truck in a safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and at various job sites to deliver material. Trucks driven include dump trucks, semi-tractor with attached trailers, cement tanker, and flat bed.
- Dump/spreads materials as requested per job order.
- Shovels any remaining materials out of dump box after delivery as needed.
- Loading and unloading equipment.
- Unrolls truck tarp to cover loads when required.
- Keep accurate log of deliveries and completes required paperwork for billing.
- Performs daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines.
- Checks fluid levels, tires, lights, and other controls for safe operations.
- Cleans truck by washing the outside and keeping the inside cab clean. Cleans dump box by spraying put any remaining materials.
- Informs Service Technician and Supervisor of any maintenance or repairs needed. May perform minor maintenance tasks to trucks or equipment as needed.
- Must partner with Superintendent/Project Manager to ensure daily schedules are met.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Physical ability to operate equipment and to transport material under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, and public.
- Craftsmanship and ability to follow OSHA/MSHA safety standards.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Ability to transport material with attention to detail and emphasis on safety.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
- Must be able to check truck for maintenance needed and report deficiencies promptly.
- Must pass drug test, "Fit to Work" physical, and criminal background check.
- MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Must possess Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and necessary endorsements: Class A and/or Class B. When hauling certain vehicles, may be required to have hazardous materials and tank endorsements.
- Must possess a current DOT medical card.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent lifting, stretching, sitting/driving, shifting gears, and covering/uncovering load when applicable.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Must be able to lift hood of truck unassisted on an on-going basis.
- Able to climb in and out of truck 3-4 steps.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Blacksburg Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Manufacturing