What you'll do...
Director Technical Program Management
Here at Walmart, we're driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience. We're intrigued by the opportunity to engineer the most optimal approach that drives conversions and generates consumer loyalty across every touchpoint of the digital journey.
About the Team
Movement. That's the secret to Walmart's supply chain. We move products to 200 million customers through more than 11,000 stores. And, as our customers move to digital, we're moving with them. We are an agile and dynamic business, and our products and initiatives are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to provide the best retail experience for our customers - be it online or in stores. A line of code can change the way the world shops. Join our team of technologists and be on the forefront of a smarter future - put your career on the move with us.
We are an integral part of the core services item and supply chain technology team at Walmart Global Tech that is critical to push the boundaries for the entire company that will impact millions of customers' daily lives. If enhancing real-world experiences with technology is your passion, keep on reading!
As a member of the Core Services: Item and Supply Chain Technology Program Management team, you'll be responsible for establish a strong program management practice in an engineering dominated and fast paced environment, building the organizational muscle for predictable and sustainable in a dynamic and changing business environment, managing complex and large projects that are transforming Walmart and the retail industry. You'll operate as a trusted advisor to the Core Services: Item and Supply Chain Technology leadership team. As a member of the team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
As a Director Technical Program Management, you will have day-to-day responsibility for driving Core Services:Item & Supply Chain Technology programs for a growing number of technology domains across multiple Walmart businesses with a focus on Fulfillment technologies across our vast supply chain network. Responsibilities include partnering with leadership team to translate strategic initiatives into actuionable programs, applying prioritization framework, operating principles and data to enable transparency and de-risk execution through enterprise agile best practices. You will be an evangelist for change management at all levels of the organization including executive leadership.
You'll really wow us if...
- Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
- You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within its new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
- You level up when you can teach others and empower those around you to excel.
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world's largest retailer. That's the Walmart experience. Intrigued?You'll make an impact by...
- Strategically managing and evolving the program management organization through a period of transition and lead you a team of technical program managers who will own and drive several business critical programs.
- Constantly striving to build excellence in the practice by driving creation and improvements in cross functional processes and tools that enable and streamline the team's efforts, and transition these successfully to sustaining resources
- Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a "best-in-class" customer experience.
- Developing a team of TPMs by helping them grow in their skills and capabilities - through coaching, mentoring, training and delegating with support
- Ensuring business and global technology goals are being met while driving the supply chain technology org to be more efficient and focus our resources efforts on the most important work
- Managing relationships with geographically distributed teams, offshore development teams and third-party vendors.
- Ensuring each team understands the overall project objectives and timeline and how their deliverables impact the overall program.
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional peers and senior leaders/stakeholders to resolve program issues, drive mitigation plans, and update and educate. Interacting, negotiating, and influencing decisions across multiple tracks and executive leadership.
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Technical degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ Years of Program Management Experience leading complex SaaS platforms
- 5+ Years experience managing a team
- Demonstrated ability to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Exceptional and concise verbal and written communications skills
- Skilled in Data-driven, objective analysis and decision making
- Comfortable in a fast paced, growing environment
- Demonstrated ability to rationalize ambiguity
Benefits & Perks:
- Past experience hiring and managing a team through a period of high growth
- Demonstrated resilience and strong track record of ability to create change in an unstructured and rapidly evolving environment, strong leadership skills and experience
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who WeAre?
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
* Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related area and 7 years' experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area.
* Option 2: 9 years' experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certification in Project Management., Master's degree in Business Administration, with specialization in strategy, supply chain, finance, information systems, or related area and 5 years' experience in product design., Supervisory Primary Location...
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America